2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Pauls FN2

5K views 49 replies 13 participants last post by  lanfire 
#1 ·
Iv had the car for a few months now and i thought id post up a little thread about whats going on with it, not so much a traditional project thread as i dont really have a direction im going for yet apart from some subtle mods and enjoy it as a weekend motor :)

So far this is whats been done.

AC Radiator replacement
Drive Belt
Drive Belt Guide Pulley
Drive Belt Tensioner
Crank Puley :cool:
Type R Grill Badge re added
New Battery

Coming soon
New Tyres
PCV Valve + Pipe Kit
Wheel Refurb
Paint Correction / a million stone chip repairs to the bonnet !
MOT Due 2nd Jan Boooo
Some sort of touchscreen stereo (std one is fine im a geek and love technical stuff !)
Simple amp uprgrade, probably not a sub just some speaker upgrades all round
New clutch
A trip to lemans 2017 :grin2:

Id love to post some pics up but i need a few more posts yet so ill get working on that so i can show some progress, like i said nothing too exciting im still very much learning about this car, loving it so far, the previous owner hadnt taken care of it too well so im putting alot of stuff right for now. once iv got it to a good standard ill have a bit of a mess with it :smile3:

Oh last thing it already has a cobra cat back which is satisfying the more childish side of me haha.

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeh iv had fords in the past, gone to town on most of them in terms of projects, this one im hoping to not take too far!

It will be our second, me and my mate went last year, were doing a year on year off style approach. Absolutely amazing week away, race night is something else, we found our fav spot to be the pit exit at around 2am, Jesus take your ear defenders !

We have grandstand tickets for next year though so we have a place to go sit if it rains, the Porsche curves at night are amazing aswell, best part of 200mph they come into the curve at in the pitch black. mental cases !

#5 ·
Saturday was a total bust, car was spot on, even got some country road ice driving in >:) the rally was mostly cancelled due to a spectator passing out and cracking there head on the floor, we did however get an awesome view of the air ambulance taking off about 100m away from us, hopefully the dude is alright like !

I think the next job after MOT is defiantly Clutch and brakes, just out of interest has anyone had any luck with stiff clutch pedals and lack of feel with swapping out the slave and doing a re bleed before ripping the gearbox off? the clutch itself feels ok, it grips up just fine its just stiff and has a very short throw on it.

#7 ·
Then onto some cosmetics, new type R badge for the front grill. no idea if its OEM or not but it looks alright.

Then a good clean, although its going to get a full machine polish over winter.

Then the dreaded crank pulley issue !

I was that excited to get it back on the road again that i forgot to take pics of the finished article, im sure you all no what it looks like though so ill just post up the failure pics.

Its currently filthy in the garage, salty roads :frown2:

#10 ·
Cheers, Yeh it was on the car when i got it, iv not really heard any other R's with aftermarket exhausts so i have nothing to compare it to haha, seems alright though. are cobra's any good? or are they the more budget side of things?

Very nice mate. You looking at brakes and springs?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Thanks man, just brakes at the mo, probably swap out for stock items, the front disks are warped, pad wear isnt too bad but its more to smooth out the braking over any sort of performance upgrade :smile3:

#13 ·
Cheers, Yeh it was on the car when i got it, iv not really heard any other R's with aftermarket exhausts so i have nothing to compare it to haha, seems alright though. are cobra's any good? or are they the more budget side of things?

Thanks man, just brakes at the mo, probably swap out for stock items, the front disks are warped, pad wear isnt too bad but its more to smooth out the braking over any sort of performance upgrade :smile3:
Nice. I'm looking at ferodo ds2500 pads and keeping the stock discs. Was looking at brake lines too but might wait on that and see if the pads and brake oil make a massive difference at first.

#14 ·
So the first part of a few bits has turned up today, im sorta building this as i go along, the end game is to have an upto date audio system that will work with the multitude of modern day demands and devices.

So to begin we have a Facia.

i know i want to go with some sort of android system, defiantly DAB and Bluetooth for my phone. im undecided if the speakers have already been upgraded as they sound half decent. id like to keep the steering wheel controls and have something up on the small screen on the dash, temp of the ac and things, as i understand the head unit ties in with alot of things. Would removing the old headunit cause that screen to stop working?

Cheers in advance boys.

#15 ·
If it's non satnav and you use a connects2 the temp, time & date are still functional

Reactions: Redfire and lanfire
#17 ·
Reactions: lanfire and Farqui
#23 ·
Ok Slight update, i sent the car in for an MOT two days ago, as iv not had it too long i was expecting something to be up with it, my main concern was emissions, they have haunted me in past cars however thankfully this one is spot on *few* , however i knew it was going to get pulled on tyres, there a miss match of cheapo ones but i didn't know that 3 out of 4 had splits on the inside walls ! so cue a rather expensive bill for 4 shiny new pirelli p zeros :grin2: so i now have a good years MOT and have a matching set of rubber.

The car is in a horrendous condition at the mo, need a big clean !

On the audio side of things my connect2 harness had turned up today so i think i have everything to fit it all now, iv never done one of these before so im assuming ill have missed something somewhere.

Fitting may start tomorrow, currently snowed under with home DIY at the mo, damn you IKEA !

#24 ·
How you finding the new tyres? I'm looking at a complete set of new ones next summer and have my head set on the goodyear f1's or michelin pilot sports

#27 ·
Tyres seem ok so far, iv had f1's on my old cars and they were ace, not really driven it much so i guess ill find out in time :)

Headunit is fitted, what a task that was!

i need an Ariel adaptor, GPS seems to be ok and functioning and the hands free is also up and running, WIFI's hooked up to the house for some amazon music offline downloading to be done.

Cable for the reversing cam is in as far as the rear seats, need to finish this off when my feet arnt ice cubes.

Slight issue which is a little annoying is the steering wheel controls arnt working, iv hooked all the cables up using the universal patch lead you get, key 1 to key 1 etc, double checked and re crimped all ends to be sure, i can set the clock but the keys arnt been registered when you go into the key program to train the headunit for commands, im sure this will have been covered in other threads however if anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated :)

So yeh half winning, it looks great, audios good, all round a good upgrade :) ill post some pics up shortly.

#28 ·
My buttons refused to work too... tore the whole lot apart.... no luck. Randomly next day they worked so I have no idea what changed and works fine since then.

#30 ·
Good evening guys, my apologies for not being on here for a few weeks, life takes over sometimes !

Back on with the car now among other projects, the other project is my home office, i host all the pics i post on my server which is currently undergoing some work so once thats back on, hopefully tommorow i should be able to post up some pics of the stereo :)

#31 ·
Did you get your steering controls working? , I fitted mine and they didn't work, then I found out you had to fit them a certain way. If you haven't you need to unplug it all and start plugging from the unit and finish at the cars power lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.