2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had a Golf previously I could pause playback of music from memory cards, the Ipod service or Bluetooth streamed sources. e.g. music or audiobooks all from the mute button on the steering wheel. It was actually meant as a voice control button for higher models but worked as mute for mine.

Other than changing the head unit to Audio and having the correct source on screen to access the pause button, is there a way to pause from the steering wheel ?

It is frustrating to have to keep looking down to the screen to pause when listening to my Spanish lesson audiobooks !

·
Registered
116 Posts
Probably there is no way to do it. But maybe someone with more knowledge will confirm.

You should be happy that at least you can pause it at all :wink: - in my Civic I don't have infotainment system - only i-Mid - and there is no way to pause playback (at least I'm not aware of). Only way is to turn off/on the radio. It remembers where it stopped playing, but still it takes some time to load music back after switching it on - pause would be instant.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I actually came across this issue myself today, found how to do it.
When the iMID or the Honda Connect screen is on audio mode hold down the menu button on the sterring wheel for a few seconds.
After a few seconds a dialog appears and shows you can use the up/down and left/right arrows on sterring wheel controls to play and pause.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I actually came across this issue myself today, found how to do it.
When the iMID or the Honda Connect screen is on audio mode hold down the menu button on the sterring wheel for a few seconds.
After a few seconds a dialog appears and shows you can use the up/down and left/right arrows on sterring wheel controls to play and pause.
But this seems to be working only when you have a car with Honda Connect. I have only i-mid and even when it's on audio mode playing some music then holding Menu button on the steering wheel does nothing.
So without Honda Connect there is actually no way to pause music :frown2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts