2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a quick question, are all civic PCV valves the same?

I have a type s 2007 1.8L but i can only find a PCV valve for a type r FN2, will these fit? If not does anyone know where i can find one that’ll fit?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts
PCV valve on the 1.8 is at the back of the engine and totally different to the FN2.
Face the car and it's in the top left corner of the engine just under the clutch fluid reservoir.

what makes you think you need a new one?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks wilmo, so it wont actually fit/work if i get a type r one then?

All the signs point to the PCV
MAF sensor code, got a new one and code keeps coming back, its also burning a bit of oil, and when driving at low speeds i hear a faint whistle following the note of the engine, is that the classic PCV noise everyone is on about? Think i got a vaccuum leak and maybe its the PCV? Guess its a process of elimination?

·
Super Moderator
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i see that one, was just after the valve really plus its on back order, damn!

·
i-Vtec
3,279 Posts
Is the way to check for a failed PCV not to pull the dipstick with the engine running a see if there is excessive pressure coming from there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! Its looking like a £50 fix if the PCV is not working, just put your hand over the hole and see if air is blowing out?

·
i-Vtec
3,279 Posts
Pretty much yes. The whistle you are hearing may even becoming from the dipstick pipe so will go away when you pull it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just went to check it quick and you know what, i felt air on the hand even like 5+ inches away, i guess the whistle was quieter but i can still just about hear it when im in the car with doors closed (only when revving) so thats a busted PCV is it?

·
i-Vtec
3,279 Posts
Looking on youtube most tutorials saying that if you remove the PCV and give it a shake it will rattle. If it doesn't rattle that means its goosed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah ive just done the same! Mite do that just to double check anyway! But i HAVE to get the right one for a 2007 1.8L? Even tho i just want the valve itself the FN2 type R ones wont fit? They are half the price for some reason haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah i mite do! Im guessing they all do the same job? So if the thread is right and it fits, its good?

·
Registered
176 Posts
For a part like that I'd only go Honda OEM...

It isn't a huge difference in money and the main issue is your own labour changing the part. Might as well buy the best, chances are you'll never do it again until the car is scrapped or sold on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quick update: so yesterday i found a cheap enough one online with next day delivery (its the FN2 one) anyway it arrived today and it screwed right in, started the car and its making a quiet ticking noise and when i pinch the hose the ticking stops and engine shudders, is this the sign of a good PCV valve? My old one didnt tick or make the car shudder, baring in mind when i took the old one out it was a bit oily, when i shook the old one it did rattle too but doesnt rule out the fact its broke tho does it?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts