2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location of the PCV valve on the 1.8 version and "how to test it please "

Also where to get it from wow Cox sell them nearly £60

Many thanks

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only thing I can see .... With a Haynes in front of me (I'm at work lol) plus black spotting on the top of the filter it's only 2 months old.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
its behind the Oil cap. Down about 3 inches into the engine block. Pinch the hose that connects to it and if the funny noise stops then it needs changing.

Bearing in mind, a working PCV valve when the hose is pinched makes the engine shudder quite a bit.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its behind the Oil cap. Down about 3 inches into the engine block. Pinch the hose that connects to it and if the funny noise stops then it needs changing.

Bearing in mind, a working PCV valve when the hose is pinched makes the engine shudder quite a bit.
Doesn't judder just makes a darting noise when I pinch the hose? What's that mean?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just looked on there they only do the screw that's it .?? For £30 owch

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
£55 for a valve ain't cheap fella . I'll grab a new one anyway

£30 brand new from Tegiwa with the new rubber hose is what it cost me. If you got the part number theres plenty on eBay for less than that as well.

Health of your engine is with £55 as its a once in a lifetime maintenance. Part and parcel fo owning a car, maintenance.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
£30 brand new from Tegiwa with the new rubber hose is what it cost me. If you got the part number theres plenty on eBay for less than that as well.

Health of your engine is with £55 as its a once in a lifetime maintenance. Part and parcel fo owning a car, maintenance.
Think I'm gonna phone tegiwa this afternoon as them that price and get one wow and rubber hose too that's good that for £30

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Rang my local honda jeeeeeez it's £49 just for the valve not the kit think I'll ring tegiwa or Cox later

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I always take the printout from Cox to my dealer and ask for price match if they don't come out cheaper.
Sometimes they actually start cheaper in the first place.

They either want your money or they don't.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I always take the printout from Cox to my dealer and ask for price match if they don't come out cheaper.
Sometimes they actually start cheaper in the first place.

They either want your money or they don't.
Just rang tegiwa £32.95 for the valve delivered the pipe is faultless no problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts