2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 FN2 with 93K miles on it. Definitely get that "scratching" noise from the engine and been informed by the MOT test centre that they picked up an air leak somewhere due to the uneven idle.

I'd hope that points all to the PCV valve. I've checked the surrounding pipes and they seem good nick so wondering do you normally go for the £30 valve only fix or change the washer/hose etc in the kit from Cox?

thanks

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I got the full kit from Cox. The hose was a bit tired anyway, so it was worth replacing.

IIRC I had to spray a bit of WD40 on the valve to loosen it up. It wasn't budging when I tried to unscrew it without.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok great. The valve is £30 from tegiwa, hose is £15 odd so i suppose ill just change the valve for now and see how it is.

Do you need new jubilee clips or can they be reused?

·
Registered
30 Posts
How many pcv valves does the type r have? As there is a similar looking valve on the right side of the engine as your looking at it, and the valve to the left.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm wondering this also. I've just had a look at this PCV valve as mine has developed that noise all of a sudden, and squeezing the pipe that I think I should be squeezing, stops the noise. However, we need a good quality photo posting on here to show which pipe it is.

Also by coincidence, the oil level had dropped yesterday when I checked that, and I don't have any to top it up with. This is the first occasion the oil level has ever dipped below the top mark on dipstick. Are the two related?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts