2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother let someone borrow my car,he kerbed the alloy and took a chunk out of the tyre wall,took it to get new tyre (guy paying for it) and the tyre guy snapped the centre cap! :mad:
Its just about on the wheel,but is loose and is a good chance of loosing the bit,so now has ruined the whole look of the car,completely gutted! :mad::(

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
My mother let someone borrow my car,he kerbed the alloy and took a chunk out of the tyre wall,took it to get new tyre (guy paying for it) and the tyre guy snapped the centre cap! :mad:
Its just about on the wheel,but is loose and is a good chance of loosing the bit,so now has ruined the whole look of the car,completely gutted! :mad::(
I'd make the tit who kerbed it buy me a new alloy, but that's just me lol.

Sorry to hear about this though mate :(

Valuable lesson, don't leave your keys lying around :p

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I leave my car on my parents drive, I got a call when we had the really strong winds at 1am saying my alarm was going off and they couldn't find my keys :D

' I wouldn't trust you with them, put in earplugs and go back to bed'

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Feeling your pain...I was hacked off when I kerbed an alloy all by myself, never mind some other chump doing it...

As others have said, putting it right doesn't stop with the tyre, alloy repair and new centre cap needed too.

Good luck with getting it sorted

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
Dont think centre cap can be sorted,its an after market 1 from online,he even denied it!I said it wasnt like it before he had it,not even a sorry! :mad:
The tyre guy snapped centre cap,not a sorry from him either! :mad:
Ive gone on about it so much,mother wouldnt dare lend my baby out again!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Helen - If you own the car, why is your Mum lending it out to people. ??
That would annoy me as much as the dipstick who damaged it.
Sue your Muvver and take the keys with you in future..;)

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Not even a sorry i would be going off my head ..SOME people ey

Sorry to here bye the way.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Id be burying my mum right now lol My mum once let my sisters partner move my car, I went absolutely ape **** for it. I spend 4 + hours when weather is good giving it a good cleaning and she lets people in it willy nilly. And I know if something would of happened it would of been a case of "ah well , not to worry" [smilie=lol3.gif][smilie=lol3.gif][smilie=lol3.gif]

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
isn't that technically theft ??
taken without owners consent....

i'd ring the :police: and get your mum arrested :laugh:

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
If the tyre guy snapped your centre cap, I'd have made the tyre place pay for a new one. Simples. You break it, you pay for it.

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Sorry to hear that,id make the tyre guy pay for a new center cap if they broke it.Defo wouldn't be happy about that.

I'd be RAGING if my mum lent my car out to someone

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just a bit of advise for the future, Unless the person borrowing it is named on your insurance (which i doubt they were in this instance) then chances are that their insurance will only cover them on another car 3rd party. So if it was the car he smashed and not the wheel would he be buying you a new car.
If that person did not have any insurance then the Police could impound your car, and if you said they were driving with your consent then you would be done as well, otherwise if you said you had not given permission then they would be done with taking without consent.

Very dodgy ground so i would keep the keys to your pride and joy in your pocket at all times.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Sound advice there. Only me and my Dad drive my car, as we're the only two named on the insurance. Have let a few take it for a test drive with me in the car, but certainly wouldn't let anyone take it out on their own.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She thought I'd be ok with him lending as I know the guy,but I also know he's not very good with things,eg.he tried to wire up an amp years ago,didnt power the amp,left wires frayed,then whilst drivin listening to tunes,the £100 head unit went pop,smoked,so I pulled in and checked it,low and behold the idiot left a live wire behind head unit,tried to deny it as well,he said he'd never leave wires in back without taping them up,no sorry and no payment!Mother dearest forgot about his stupidity!!!Grrrrrr!!!!!!
Its being glued at the mo,as they are after markets,dunno if it can be replaced.:confused:
He thinks the kerbing could be polished out,have you guys seen my alloys!?He has,DO'H!!!

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
Flick him in the nuts, then tell him never to go near any of your property ever again.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts