2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the CTR has been at the dealer again; this was perhaps its tenth visit in 21 months. It will go in again early next week.

Apparently I need a new pedal box for the clutch. This is worrying, as I only had one installed around 2000 miles ago, yet the "clicking" has returned and the part requires replacing again. The mechanic said it's a part he replaces frequently on Civics. The car has only done 7000 miles, so if this is going to become a pattern, I find that most worrying. I don't ride or hammer the clutch (I drive mostly motorway miles), so am at a loss as to why I'll need a third in just 7000 miles. The car running out of warranty also feels scary.

The lead dangling in the footwell was reconnected and the dealer has undertaken to have a go at my creaking/cracking dashboard again (a problem from day one), taking it up with HUK if necessary. Interestingly, they don't believe it's the windscreen cowl. It's somewhat depressing that this issue still hasn't been resolved: I first reported it a day after collecting the car (new) in July 09.

Anyone else having similar issues to me? Any hints or tips to share?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
yeah, my Type S has had the same issues plus more. They were blaming the aircon for the squeeking cowel at one point!

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the lead dangling in the footwell? as i seem to remember seeing a thin black wire dangling in my footwell the other day when changing the headunit.

It was very close to the fusebox
It turned out to be the footwell LED wire that had somehow worked its way loose.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the red devil's back, with the clutch feeling meaner than ever.

Seriously, I don't appreciate how racy my CTR is until I spend a day in another car...

Anyway, the dealer reckons they might have cured my cracking dashboard, which has been that way since the car was new. One interesting point: I was told that pretty much all CTR dashboards creak/crack; do they? I wasn't buying it myself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yep the creaking dashboard is probably the number 1 complaint. It comes and goes, though. Mine has been quiet for a few months now (touching wood!).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts