2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does your civic's clutch pedal make any squeaky noise?
It is very annoying and I still need to find a solution!! :confused:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Clutch Master cylinder! Known fault

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Mine does the same just started a couple of weeks ago ..I hope not I just thought my pedel is loose it feels it:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Replacement I'm afraid. I've just had mine done a few weeks back.
There are some threads on home made remedies so its worth having a look around the forum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replacement I'm afraid. I've just had mine done a few weeks back.
There are some threads on home made remedies so its worth having a look around the forum.
to tell you the truth i think it is not related to the master cylinder ...... cause the sound is like coming from two metals touching each other and the clutch performance seems to be perfect! also my car is on the 10,000 miles mark!

anyway in two months time my car has to go to the last service under warranty and I will let them know.

thanks for the help mate!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Mine does exactly the same thing, the car had its 4th service today and nothing was picked up by Honda.

I think it is to do with metal scrapping at the pedal. Was thinking about spraying some WD40 in there but not sure thats a good idea if there are electrics behind it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
to tell you the truth i think it is not related to the master cylinder ...... cause the sound is like coming from two metals touching each other and the clutch performance seems to be perfect! also my car is on the 10,000 miles mark!

anyway in two months time my car has to go to the last service under warranty and I will let them know.

thanks for the help mate!
i had the same problem, dealer fixed it under warranty back then, no problem. My latest service they had NO IDEA what was causing that noise, still waiting on their phone call... for 2 months!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had the same problem, dealer fixed it under warranty back then, no problem. My latest service they had NO IDEA what was causing that noise, still waiting on their phone call... for 2 months!!!
do you know how the problem was fixed?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Clutch master cylinder

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
My clutch has just started squeaking :(

Does this mean I'm in for a hefty repair bill?

·
Geordies!!!!:-):-)
1,839 Posts
My clutch has just started squeaking :(

Does this mean I'm in for a hefty repair bill?
if yours is with in warranty or just come out of,im sure they will replace the part for you as its a known problem!!!

if anyone knows of a link how one can try to solve the squeaking by some DIY stuff please let me know :)
im pretty sure there isnt,as we have all said you would need to get the CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER replaced!!!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
There is a few little things but at the end of the day it is just a short term fix.

When at work I used to get loads of civic n crvs in with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
same problem

Same problem here.

Took everything apart , greased everything , still the same.

Tried WD40 last for a month
Tried white chain spray last for a month.

Now I cleaned the cylinder and put some Brunox Deo Spray on the cylinder and since 4 months it is quiet.:):)

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Ive encountered two different problems with two very different sounds.The first one was more of a loud clicking noise so i got the pedal replaced.The second, i have at the moment and its a squeaking noise very different to the first.Im going to try some oil to see if it remedies the problem.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts