2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ive encountered two different problems with two very different sounds.The first one was more of a loud clicking noise so i got the pedal replaced.The second, i have at the moment and its a squeaking noise very different to the first.Im going to try some oil to see if it remedies the problem.
i think i have your second problem .... the sound depends also on how the pedal is pressed.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Just something out of left field.

I get a rubbery squeak but only on occasions. I have put it down to those little rubber studs squeaking on my shoes.

·
Supporter
641 Posts
Just something out of left field.

I get a rubbery squeak but only on occasions. I have put it down to those little rubber studs squeaking on my shoes.

+1 mine squeaks on and off dependent on which shoes I am wearing, usually trainers.
I don't know how everyone drives but I tend to leave the heel of my foot on the floor and 'slide' it off the clutch which causes the squeak. If I bring my whole foot up and off the clutch it doesn't.

Just a thought for those who are experiencing a squeak??

Reactions: mouthpiec

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Yes - I've done that as well. Used the whole foot to test whether it squeaks and it doesn't.

Just seen so many posts on this issue so there evidently is an issue with the clutch on some cars but I was surprised nobody had mentioned the pedals reacting with certain types of shoes.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Has people have already said its a known fault and is repaired free of charge at Honda, if it's clicking then that needs a new pedal box if it's squeaking when pressing clutch pedal then it's requires new clutch master cylinder which is a revised part Honda now fit.

I had the squeaky pedal and first they greased it and only lasted a few weeks, since having new part no more squeaks. I wouldn't even try fixing it yourself unless your car is out of warranty or Honda have said no to doing the repair.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
squeaky clutch pedal

I had the same problem with my recently departed Toyota Avensis, dealer said it was the clutch master cylinder (hence a few quid to repair)

Took it to my local small garage, they sprayed some stuff (no idea what they used though) on and around the pedal and the squeak disapeared !!!!)

Used it for the next 3 years and no squeaking at all in that time,

markcivicexgt

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
I had a squeaking noise when the pedal was pushed in, clutch master cylinder replaced and no more noise so far

·
Registered
883 Posts
my clutch pedal is squeeking too, did think at first it was my footware, the clutch is working ok

how much does a master cylinder cost to replace bytheway?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
My car has this. Went in for inspection this morning, they have ordered a new clutch master cylinder. Will be getting fitted at some point this week under warranty

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine started squeeking back in summer so got dealer to have a look - it was diagnosed as master cylinder and it's something like £250 to replace. Garage said there's no bad consequences to not replacing so decided to leave it, it's actually quitened down since. I've never known a car to have so many design 'features' though. Dodgy wipers, clutches, cd players, temp sensors, folding mirrors and roof blinds - all part of the Civic experience!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi

Started to get a really annoying squeak everytime the clutch pedal was released on my wifes Type S 2.2 After spraying it twice with liquid white grease the noise has completely gone. Worth a try before lashing out on a new master cylinder

·
Registered
56 Posts
brunox

The repair was 480 euro.

The bottle brunox deo spray 6.95 euro.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Only get it done if under warranty impo

Reason being rather than spending 250 on a squeak I would rather spend 250 on other bits and bobs

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Part of the problem is the clutch master cylinders are not perfectly straight when the car comes from the factory or work slightly loose over time allowing for the master cylinder to move slightly under operation. It's the movement which causes the components to rub and will eventually start to make a noise.

My dealership said lots of other dealerships have been replacing master cylinders without actually getting to the bottom of the problem which is proper alignment of the cylinder and then tightening the thing up so it doesn't move about in use. So cars have been getting replacements then coming back again with the same problem.

To align the cylinder on my car they press the pedal all the way down straighten and tighten it up and so far (fingers crossed) it's not been noisy again & the clutch pedal is a bit lighter because it's not rubbing anymore.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have a look at the back of the pedal there is a spring mechanism.I sprayed this and all surrounding moving parts.Left it for a while and came back the squeak had gone.
Hey Jonathan - I have the same squeaky pedal in mine. Didn't want to bring it to the garage before the NCT as the car is still under warranty. Passed the NCT on Saturday, and I asked the NCT guy about the squeaking. Like you he said just to oil the mechanism and it should be fine. So I'll be giving it the WD40 treatment too!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts