2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I had a slight squeak too,I tried adding some grease around the plastic sections and the spring but made no difference. It comes and goes, also did it when the engine was off, so it must point to the clutch pedal itself. I suppose you expect this kind of thing from a 4.5 year old car! My mates 8 year old Porsche Carrera had lots of issues, and not small squeaks either!

·
Registered
100 Posts
My pedal (and definitely the pedal) squeaks - I did spray WD40 up at the top of the pedal and no joy.

I've a 2008 so I reckon I'd have a problem with the warranty.. might ask anyway!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Get some Brunox deo spray.

Remove the brake padel , only 5 screws and 1 connector.

Get a long hose for on the aerosol.

Put the hose where the shaft goes in the cylinder , push the pedal down and spray a few times.

Put some paper under the clutch pedal.

Leave it a few minutes en then spray again.

It is still for 5 months now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hmm.. tried the WD40 thing last week.

No joy at all. Squeaking like a sonofabitch! Reckon I'll give Honda a ring next week, see if they can offer a proper fix. Then ring the garage I have the warranty with and tell them what needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have the same problem with my brake pedal on my ishift. Anyone else's brake pedel squeak? It only seems to by when the pedal is released, not when pressing down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to agree with the previous comments from Marco-civic. Having tried WD40 and some light grease without success, around the pedal pivot point and return spring. I discovered you have to apply the grease to the shaft that connects from the pedal to the master cylinder- I used an aerosol can of white silicone grease via an extended nozzle 200mm or so in length.To locate the shaft you have to get your head right under the clutch pedal and looking upwards past the pedal pivot point and return spring follow the shiny shaft up into the master cylinder. Once you know where you need to spray you can use the extension nozzle to direct the spray right up along the shaft to where it enters the master cylinder. Since I did this 2 months ago I have had no problem with a squeaking clutch pedal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
you were all right ..... clutch master cylinder will be replaced by the local Honda dealer .... lubricant was useless!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts