2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Know I'm not a civic owner anymore, but I do still keep an eye on the forum and being a subscriber I like to see what everyone's doing still.
As a bit of a hobbiest detailer I do like trying out new products, and I recently used Orchard Autocare Perfection spray.

It's a final stage finishing spray and I've used many of these types of things before and they are normally tosh. Too weak, leaves your finish hazy or does literally nothing!
This one I wanted to shout about because it's different.
On my silver juke it's been hard to get a decent sheen and quality to my finish without doing a full on detail, but for the time pressed this is perfect.

Easy on, easy off and no cure time. Spray, wipe and buff, as easy as that!
And it actually works. Does enhance your finish, does make a difference and leaves the paintwork with a much glossier feel.
Even added some darkness and richness to my trim!

Added a few pics to try and show you what I mean, but the light is awful in not so sunny Lowestoft.
I recon for a pre show wipe down or if you just want a great finish without having to do a full detail, this is the product for you.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I use Mantis Instant Shine for exactly the same reason.

It can he sprayed on everything and simply buffs off in seconds to leave a gloss shine that passes the cloth sliding off the bonnet test.

It's advertised as a waterless wash product but I only use it after a normal wash n wax job.

I hate the products that leave the white powder behind as I can never shift it all but this stuff buffs off paint, plastic, rubber, glass, everything with no residue.

The only place I don't use it is on the wheels because I find normal waxes tend to go soft and sticky at wheel temperatures and attract dirt so I use the white shark high temp marine wax on the wheels.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use Mantis Instant Shine for exactly the same reason.

It can he sprayed on everything and simply buffs off in seconds to leave a gloss shine that passes the cloth sliding off the bonnet test.

It's advertised as a waterless wash product but I only use it after a normal wash n wax job.

I hate the products that leave the white powder behind as I can never shift it all but this stuff buffs off paint, plastic, rubber, glass, everything with no residue.

The only place I don't use it is on the wheels because I find normal waxes tend to go soft and sticky at wheel temperatures and attract dirt so I use the white shark high temp marine wax on the wheels.

I found it hard to find a product that actually did anything, a lot seem like they are money for nothing, or worse and they lessen your hard work.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
Yep

Over the years I've used almost everything on the market. This Mantis, for as long as I can get it, will do for me.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
The fact it gives darkness and richness to the plastic trim, makes me suspect it's possibly some silicone based formulation.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fact it gives darkness and richness to the plastic trim, makes me suspect it's possibly some silicone based formulation.

Not sure on the specifics of the formula. It has defo added to the trim, not sure how long that will last, may be off the next rain, next wash or who knows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts