2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my EP3 so i have some (not all of it, dont wanna go mad just yet) money to spend on performance mods for my FN2. Already got a GP kit on its way so want to get something to help performance but not sure where to start.

I want an exhaust thats not too loud in the cabin, my magnex on the EP3 droned on the motorway and got annoying after a while, however i dont want it to sound like a stock exhaust i do want some noise to it.

Air intake, anybody have one to recommend ?

Anybody any ideas how much a flash pro + remap is from TDI north ?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Just sold my EP3 so i have some (not all of it, dont wanna go mad just yet) money to spend on performance mods for my FN2. Already got a GP kit on its way so want to get something to help performance but not sure where to start.

I want an exhaust thats not too loud in the cabin, my magnex on the EP3 droned on the motorway and got annoying after a while, however i dont want it to sound like a stock exhaust i do want some noise to it.

Air intake, anybody have one to recommend ?

Anybody any ideas how much a flash pro + remap is from TDI north ?
exhaust: hks/toda/mugen
intake: mugen/tegiwa

flashpro and map from tdi is around the 800 mark.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will they offer any performance increase or just noise ? As i dont want to buy an exhaust now then buy another one further down the line.

Tbh performance modding will probably stop at flash pro, map, intake and exhaust for a while...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Will they offer any performance increase or just noise ? As i dont want to buy an exhaust now then buy another one further down the line.

Tbh performance modding will probably stop at flash pro, map, intake and exhaust for a while...
To be honest the exhaust on its own without all the race header manifold etc wont add much in terms of power. Its more about the sportier noise, but others will probably disagree with me here, but thats just from my experience.

The biggest improvement to your car would be flashpro and an intake. But its best to only get the intake if you also get flashpro for real improvements.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

yeah im sure i have heard that before.

Looking forward to you 18 page long modification project thread :)

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest the exhaust on its own without all the race header manifold etc wont add much in terms of power. Its more about the sportier noise, but others will probably disagree with me here, but thats just from my experience.

The biggest improvement to your car would be flashpro and an intake. But its best to only get the intake if you also get flashpro for real improvements.
I figured i had to get an intake and exhaust for the flash pro to be effective, people still rate the HKS RSK ?

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
without truly knowing and just from what i read here and what i would personally do if i had a ctr....

cpl/injen cai
fd2 inlet mani and throttle body
tegiwa decat mani and exhaust
flashpro and custom tune
eibachs & full frs
rota p1's
braided hoses motul fluid and ferodo pads

theres many arguments about whats best but i would expect good results with this setup and its based on bang for buck im sure someone will correct any obvious errors! i would add fd2 cams if more spends were available

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I am going with a much cheaper option. power wont be readily available but that is what i want. The ability to have both stock performance AND an extra 75bhp at the flick of a switch :)
I think about doing this every time I drive to work! That's bang for your buck.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I figured i had to get an intake and exhaust for the flash pro to be effective, people still rate the HKS RSK ?
The HKS is ok but again its more about the sound than pure performance. But is a nice easy install, easy to maintain, but personally I would invest in an additional TDi North heatshield if you get one of these.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The HKS is ok but again its more about the sound than pure performance. But is a nice easy install, easy to maintain, but personally I would invest in an additional TDi North heatshield if you get one of these.
How much is the heatshield? Does the RSK suffer from heatsoak then.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I have gone for a milltek non res cat back, Tegiwa carbon intake including the intake triangles and a custom flashpro map done by tdi north. The car is running a solid 220bhp. Get the 15mm eibach springs and a full fast road setup aswell it transforms the car for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just looked at that tegiwa intake, the carbon one looks nice. £550 for the intake and fog scoops.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
It's not bad at all, once it was remapped it was quieter again. I bought it from Abp Motorsport they had it in stock and I went out in there red fn2 to hear what it was like before buying. They also did the springs and fast road setup at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
There worth it you get a good ram air feed to the air box aswell. Pm Tegiwa see if they can better the price that's what I did if you don't ask you won't get :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts