2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new but need some help, my car has lost power (but not in limp mode) revs across the range ok but could it be the turbo? is there a good way to test if the turbo is defective? the car is not smoking not using any oil or water and not showing any dashlights but is very sluggish compared to its usual very nippy self Model is type S 2.2 icdti 2006 on roughly 155k was serviced just 2 thousand miles ago and has been like this for about 2 weeks ;( any help or advice greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Administrator
17,966 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car trouble.

Was it serviced with Honda filters? especially the fuel filter.

Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?

As your car has covered quite a few miles, has the EGR valve ever been cleaned?

Do the rev's increase without matching forward motion? - thinking clutch slip, the achilles heel of the 2.2 Civic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! No clutch slip but sooty oily residue around the rubber pipe intake at the front right of the engine when i removed the engine cover could clearly see its been suffering from some sort of back pressure? perhaps I'm no mechanic but the oily sooty residue gave me an immediate red flag I went and removed the cover to take a look after reading your post, any ideas or suggestions on what would cause this the jubilee clip was nice and tight on the hose also so wasnt a pipe slip that caused the external residue visable around the pipe....;(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear about your car trouble.

Was it serviced with Honda filters? especially the fuel filter.

Has the fuel filter ever been replaced?

As your car has covered quite a few miles, has the EGR valve ever been cleaned?

Do the rev's increase without matching forward motion? - thinking clutch slip, the achilles heel of the 2.2 Civic.
Hi Farqui!! clutch seems solid enough as mentioned earlier in my previous post took the engine cover off and noticed sooty oily residue at the black hose intake, the one that sits in front and slightly below the injector rails the Large 2 inch hose any ideas what caused this? and is this a symptom of the power loss? would appreciate any help, thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts