2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
Can anyone help me im looking to increase the performance on my type r but dont know the best route to go down. Ive heard of Hondata and VTEC controllers but what would be the best gains possible. My mate has a VXR and another has an ST and a Leon Cupra and they seem much quicker ??

PLEASE HELP !!!! :confused:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Recently acquired the CTR, and the most beneficial mod for the money appears to be the Hondata. Its relatively inexpensive and changes quite substantially the way that the car drives and makes it a lot more responsive.

The Hondata will be my first (performance) mod !

·
Registered
610 Posts
Vtec controllers don't work on K20 engines. They do on the older series Honda engines. don't waste your money.

Hondata reflash lowers vtec, ups rev limit gives more midrange torque and power and also better mpg. Also any other "decent" mods you add it increases the benefit.

Cold air intake - GruppeM best but most expensive. HKS Premium suction kit gives gains, retains OEM airbox and no flatspots. All other intakes give flatspots.

Decent flowing exhaust.

Race manifold combined with Hondata. Big gains, blow away your mates!;)

LSD next best mod to Hondata IMO.

Get some Eibach springs and a geometry setup and sort the bouncy ride and get sharper handling and eliminate the understeer.

Braided lines, uprated pads to sort the braking.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what sort of BHP am i looking at gaining with the hondata and exhaust upgrade i love my type r but im sick of my mates ripping me saying my car is slow and i should of got the older shape ??

·
Registered
610 Posts
what sort of BHP am i looking at gaining with the hondata and exhaust upgrade i love my type r but im sick of my mates ripping me saying my car is slow and i should of got the older shape ??
210ish realistically.

Think you need to learn to drive it to its full potential as it is or should be quicker than your mates.;)
Takes some getting used to but the Civic does go well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you're looking for huge power upgrades for little money, you've bought the wrong car :(

Seat Leon Cupra can be boosted from 240hp - 300hp for less than £1k.

£1k or thereabouts with the CTR will just about stretch to hondata and milltek, and as another poster says you may gain 10hp max if you're lucky.

Spend the £1k on trackday instruction, you can drive much faster than 99.9% of people if you know how to drive the car properly at speed.

I could drive a 200hp CTR faster round a track than your average chap in a 300hp+ Evo just because I've had instruction and plenty of trackdays - its money well spent and you won't regret it !

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate u seem really clued up i love the VTEC and thats why i went for the type R rather than the VXR or CUPRA R i think the ST is just damn ugly the Type r the best looking of them all just wish it was 250+ BHP standard.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dekka ...Just found a site that can do a straight from the can ....Particle Excellerator ...Just add to a tankfull of gas ....Just think man a CTR with the ability to warp time ....Why do people always want to be the biggest , fastest , coolest , ....They should be thankfull with what they have ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you're just wanting a power boost from time to time to impress, don't rule out a nitrous kit ? Its a lot better than you think, and only expensive if you use it all the time (although it can be addictive!)

I am 100% convinced that the chassis on the CTR is more than capable of handling more power.

Personally I think it should've came with 225hp + as standard. To have the car with the same engine as the previous version, yet slower because it is heavier, is just plain daft.

They've improved a million and one other aspects to the car, and its a better all-round package however they should've tweaked the power as well. I suspect the next model revision will see a boost in HP, here's hoping its more than just 5 or 10 !!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what about remaps ?? has any one got there type r remapped and a hondata fitted ?? what abour air induction kits ??

·
Registered
412 Posts
Dekka ...Before i buy anything i cross the ts and dot the iis.... find out everythin i can about it ....Sounds like you didnt do your homework man ...your last post got a kinda desperation about it ? ....ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
what about remaps ?? has any one got there type r remapped and a hondata fitted ?? what abour air induction kits ??
The Hondata is a remap but the immobilser does not work with it so you need an after market one. You also have to check with the insurance company that A) they will insure you and the mods you wish to do and B) how much extra its gonna cost you.

If you have a look in the Type R section you will find everything you wish to know. As for induction kits as tpw has said the GruppeM or the HKS Recing suction kit are two of the best - the HKS being half the price of the GruppeM

ok then ....:confused: so what do u drive buddy ??
Harely drives a CTR.

I think you might find that your Mates ST seems quicker due to the torque, the VXR is the quickest of the three that you have mentioned but as its been said its all how you drive. The FD2 comes with 220bhp which, if there was a FN2 Type RR then it would probably be this figure.

You may also fancy a Limited Slip Diff to shave a bit off the 0-62

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a plan thanks your a star do u have any performance parts on yours ??[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
33 Posts
iff you buy hondata and exhaust manifold youre car will run like this. you can add more mods to make it stronger.

iff you add nos to youre stock fn2 ,youre car will run like this.

iff you want more you could buy the cpl supercharger and then you have 300bhp.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts