2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how I can wire my Power Socket to be permanently live - other vehicles have this and I don't drain the battery completely (often!!!)

I'm fed up of rechargeable gadgets dying and only being able to recharge them when I'm driving!!!!!

(again the need for the manual!!!)

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
On my 206 you changed a fuse from being on pins 1&2 to pins 2&3 (or vice versa) but on the civic this isn't do-able, also the manual won't help you as there's absolutly nothing about it in the manual. So I'm guessing that it's not going to be possible.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I need is a circuit diagram to identify where the switched live comes from / goes to and move the socket supply to the permananent live.

I could take a line from the feed to one of the fuse boxes (with an in-line fuse) or use something like the supply to the horn which is permnaently live (but I dont think this is rated high enough).

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Miggins said:
All I need is a circuit diagram to identify where the switched live comes from / goes to and move the socket supply to the permananent live.
Thats the crux of the problem - Only the dealers/workshops have this information :cry:

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure there is a legal issue here in that they must supply information on how to maintain your own vehicle otherwise they are restricting trade. How does a non franchised dealer do the work??????? (They may try and invalidate your warranty but they cant stop other trades working on your vehicle by witholding information)

For other vehicles, does Honda supply the manauals in paper format or electronic now?

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ignorance is bliss..................

Thanks Wooly.

I did pose the question to Honda about availability online and received:

'.......The manuals are only available at our registered Honda dealerships and the archive downloadable manuals are usually for older vehicles in the Honda range.' (June 06)

But from what I hear here nobody has managed to get hold of a copy. Shame the same Civic is not sold in the US. A lot of manufactures tend to be either quicker over there or they only put them online in the US (mmm wonder why??)

Time to visit the dealers!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Is it to do with the Freedom of Information in the US. Its a lot better than ours.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I may be gone for some time..........

Believe so.

As and when someone gets a copy, I'm more than happy to do the work. :wink:

In the meantime, I will have to get my meter out and do a bit of probing.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I think I found one by accident today!

But I'd forgotten about this post, sorry :oops:

Fairly sure that fuse no 5 was perm live.

Bizzarely, this is the heated seat fuse - and I don't have heated seats.

HTH - it's a handy one cos it's on the bottom row :)

But don't blame me if you flatten your battery! :wink:

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She'll take no more

Thanks TTDegs
I'll just have to carry a booster unit with me all the time!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts