2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my car for two weeks now and I have had constant mist in the lower half of my rear windscreen, it is'nt the full screen-just blotches of mist. I have tryed wiping the glass on both sides but it seems as if it is inbetween the glass! Does anyone know if it is two pieces of glass together? Anyone else had the same problem? I think i am going to take it into the dealer and get them to take a look under warranty.

Cheers

James

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
Hmm possibley previous owner of the car *if any* has tried to "tint" the window using a spray?

I find that the bottom half of my window is always "misty" as well. I try sort that out with a good clean to both sides of it.

Although beware, I tried to use Rain-X interior wipes which prevents misting and fogging and all that other stuff it says it will help prevent, but all I seemed to get was blotchy misty windows for all my windows in the car, so I have stopped using that and can actually see out the front window.
So what i'm trying to say is maybe it's what ever your cleaning it with thats making it misty!

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
i usually find it is on the outside try wiping with the wipers

·
Resident Civinfo Nutter
4,451 Posts
But it's the back window bottom half *plasticy part*

No wipers funnily enough

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Other threads have mentioned that the coating on that rear plastic screen has started to delaminate, sounds like that to me. I can't find the thread but I bet WC can.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
If the lower portion of the inner windscreen is misting then I suspect this could be because that area is very difficult to clean and it could be coated with something?

I occasionally use a synthetic leather wrapped round a long tool to get at it - her flat kitchen tool for lifting stuff out of the frying pan is ideal :D

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
A window spatula then ;-)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other threads have mentioned that the coating on that rear plastic screen has started to delaminate, sounds like that to me. I can't find the thread but I bet WC can.

Looks like it is that...seems like a plastic coating had bubbled and the surrounding area has misted up. Think i will be paying a visit to my local dealer!

I will add some pictures just incase anyone else has the problem.

You can just about see it in the pics, it is alot worse in person...

Thanks ******

Attachments

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I have owned my car for two weeks now and I have had constant mist in the lower half of my rear windscreen, it is'nt the full screen-just blotches of mist. I have tryed wiping the glass on both sides but it seems as if it is inbetween the glass! Does anyone know if it is two pieces of glass together? Anyone else had the same problem? I think i am going to take it into the dealer and get them to take a look under warranty.

Cheers

James
Ah that be the scotch mist....;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yet again I'm not alone. Mine is going back in to get the mould in the rear lights and the seal at the top of the plastic part of the rear window investigated. The garage said it was a known problem that is a big job to sort as the whole tailgate needs to be stripped. Of course they will have to get permission from HUK to proceed, so as it was in for a service next week anyway they arranged a car for me as it will likely be in a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts