2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Perhaps if I explain what i'm trying to do, you might be able to help.

I have installed the aux in cable to the cd changer input and it works great with plugging in an mp3 player. The cable feeds through the arm rest compartment.

What i'd like to do is have a bluetooth receiver plugged into the aux cable at all times so that when I get into the car my android phone will automatically connect to the audio receiver and start playing music without having to plug anything in.

So the big problem with this is the need to keep the receiver charged, perhaps through a constant power supply or maybe just when the ignition is on... how could this be fitted into the armrest box?

I'm a bit useless when it comes to electrical stuff so any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
How do you normally charge your Bluetooth receiver?? If it normally done through a USB charger just connect one direct to the curettes lighter under the panel and have a fly lead into the armrest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are willing to spend, I can heartily recommend the XCarLink bluetooth streaming interface (Honda Wireless Bluetooth Streaming Handsfree Interface :: HONDA :: XCarLink). I installed mine on Tuesday and I absolutely love it!
I've got it fed from the stereo's Aux port into the arm rest. Now when I enter the car it immediately connects for both phone calls and playing music. The box also has a 3.5mm aux in port and a USB charging port which is going to be ideal for keeping the kids quiet watching the tablet in the back with the audio connected through the speakers.
It's £130 that I can ill afford right now, but it has transformed my enjoyment of my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts