2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Hey,

I have a 2009 Type-S (grill is original from factory), and some ******* seems that when parking he 'touched' my bumber. It seems that now the grill is not flush with the bumber see pics.

From your experience of replacing your grill, are you aware if there is an attachment between the bumber and the grill that makes the grill in place (flush with the bumber?) that maybe is now broken or not in place?

Can't see your pics but the sports grill does have a slot on the bottom which the bumper goes into the old perspex one had a metal bracket. If the bumper on your car is pushed under the grill it might have snapped the bottom of the grill but if the bumper is pushed forward away from the grill you should just be able to tap it back in with your hand.

Can't see ya pics but hope this helps

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can't see your pics but the sports grill does have a slot on the bottom which the bumper goes into the old perspex one had a metal bracket. If the bumper on your car is pushed under the grill it might have snapped the bottom of the grill but if the bumper is pushed forward away from the grill you should just be able to tap it back in with your hand.

Can't see ya pics but hope this helps

the bumber is pushed away from the grill. today i removed the black cover above the radiator, and it seems that the bumber is inserted in the slot you mentioned. If i tap it back, it just move forward again

I believe that if you click in the pic a new window will open. else open this:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B847WGVNc6yLeEZNTUNwQmMzNDg/edit

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
the bumber is pushed away from the grill. today i removed the black cover above the radiator, and it seems that the bumber is inserted in the slot you mentioned. If i tap it back, it just move forward again

I believe that if you click in the pic a new window will open. else open this:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B847WGVNc6yLeEZNTUNwQmMzNDg/edit
When I removed the old perspex grill I pulled the bumper out just so I was able to fit the sports grill & when fitted my bumper looked just the same as your pic, however it was easy just to push the bumper back. I guess the only way you can be sure what is going on is to remove your grill to see if your grill is damaged.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I removed the old perspex grill I pulled the bumper out just so I was able to fit the sports grill & when fitted my bumper looked just the same as your pic, however it was easy just to push the bumper back. I guess the only way you can be sure what is going on is to remove your grill to see if your grill is damaged.
I think that is the only solution too... But do you remember if there was a clip or something similar between the bumper and the grill?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Grille changed today after some fun!

Old grille out fairly quickly, but it was impossible to fit the 'Stealth' grille without dropping the bumper.

After spending the best part of 30 mins trying to get the grille to fit with the bumper on, I gave up, ripped off the bumper, fitted the grille, refitted the bumper in 5 mins and job done!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Used this today and fitted my grill in roughly 25 mins. Thanks mate. Great how to.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
just fitted the sports grill thanks for the "how to",the only thing that caught me was those bottom clips on the grill they were an absolute b**t**d to get out couldnt figure how to get them out and then with just pure pox luck and abit of brute force and ignorance(no shortage of that part lol)they popped out but im sure there is a proper technique to taking out them 2 bottom ones,if anyone wants to add that technique im sure others will benefit from it.thanks again

·
Frood Dood
1,544 Posts
just fitted the sports grill thanks for the "how to",the only thing that caught me was those bottom clips on the grill they were an absolute b**t**d to get out couldnt figure how to get them out and then with just pure pox luck and abit of brute force and ignorance(no shortage of that part lol)they popped out but im sure there is a proper technique to taking out them 2 bottom ones,if anyone wants to add that technique im sure others will benefit from it.thanks again
Same here - think I gave it a bit too much brute ... oh well I am sure a bit of superglue and the old grill will fit back in easily enough if I decide to change it to standard at a later date ......

K

:evil2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bumber Clips

Are the things marked in red here clips?

I am asking because my bumber is not perfectly aligned with the headlights and I would like to fix it.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Thanks for this mate ! Just used the guide great help.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
have you removed the bumper to attach the grill?
I had to drop the bumper slightly to get grill to fit - 5 min job.

It can be done without I believe but a doddle if bumper dropped

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
great how to :). Worst part is taking the bumper off by removing half the front wheel trims as you have to get under the bumper to remove front screw and two clips then i was abit apprehensive on pulling the wheel trims off as people say clips are a nightmaire but you need to give it a good tug then just slide and pull. Rest was straight forward :). Im 19 with no experience of taking exterior parts off but i think it went well :)

·
M42 = Home
287 Posts
+1 for great how to!

Did this today and found the hardest part was trying to unclip the bottom 2 grille clips. Defo worth the 40 mins spent as mentioned in the how to. Would have been much easier, albeit maybe a little longer removing the bumper, but just popping it off as described, all went great :D

When you pull away at the bumper, don't worry, you need to give it a good hard yank so it unclips, I was so worried about that bit :p

·
Coffee isnt my cup of tea
1,264 Posts
Great 'how to' took me about 20mins thanks :D

81 - 100 of 231 Posts