2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone have a definitive link to a "how to" for changing the std perspex "grill" to a mesh grill (of any kind - type S, type R, non specific mesh etc)
I found this link: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/19192-changing-grills.html
But the part numbers quoted seem to be non UK? :confused:
I found 08F21-SMG-600C that is mentioned in the above link, only trouble is I can't figure out if a) this includes all 3 required parts (base, grill, badge) and b) if this will actually fit my '56 5dr 2.2cdti?

Does anyone have any advice/links to a how to? Or indeed is there anyone out there running a 2.2cdti 5dr that has swapped their perspex grill to a mesh one of any kind? It's the first mod I'd like to do on the car and I'm trying to figure out part numbers so I can start saving for it!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
There seems to be a new thread on this subject daily !! The part number that you quote is for the one-piece 2009 Sport grille, for manual transmission models. IIRC, the "proper" Type S and Type R grilles come in more than one piece. The part number that you've quoted will fit your 56 plate just fine and is cheaper than buying a multi-piece grille.

See here for more info:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/25635-09-sports-mesh-grille-3.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help/links guys.
So I'm going to order the 08F21SMG600C from Lings.
I've since found a user that has replaced the perspex one on his 1.8 sport 5dr for one of these and no extras were required so it looks like it'll be ok for mine!
As soon as I have ordered and fitted I'll post some before/after pics along with any advice.

Thanks again! :)

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Thanks for the help/links guys.
So I'm going to order the 08F21SMG600C from Lings.
I've since found a user that has replaced the perspex one on his 1.8 sport 5dr for one of these and no extras were required so it looks like it'll be ok for mine!
As soon as I have ordered and fitted I'll post some before/after pics along with any advice.

Thanks again! :)
If I was you I'd order the part you quote from Holdcroft, as it's only £90 plus £6 delivery! :)

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/25635-09-sports-mesh-grille-2.html#post390279

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Its very easy to do mate. If i can do it anyone can

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
I did it myself with bumper on within about 45mins if that, its so simple to do.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Its not simple!!(Not taking bumper off)
The bottom bracket clips are near impossible to remove.
I and many others have broken them doing so.
I believe, some very long nosed pliers may make it slightly easier.
TBH..if you can afford it, let the dealer do it for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
robbo51,If I were younger and any good mechanically I might have had a go. £55 isnt cheap but at least I can "kick ass" if anything goes wrong!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts