2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unfortunate East Fife fan
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
can the rear perspex bit of window at the back be replaced (scratched) or does the whole rear window need doing?

cheers

·
SGP Fk8
9,725 Posts
I too would like to know the answer too that as I have a big scratch on mine , would ideally love to replace it with darkened Perspex to match my windows

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
methinks it is seperate and bonded.. the window is glass and the bottom is plastic..... see if the stealer can give you a price for it then you will know... think OWLS is doing tint for this rowbo and fairly well priced......

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
The perspex window "is" bonded in,the outer plastic trim under the glass also need`s to come off.
Was talking to a window fitter yesterday about the same thing, he said it can be a bit tricky.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I've seen the perspex window being sold on eBay so it must be able to be seperated from the rear windscreen.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Im going to sort rowbo out ;), ive tinted my lower rear window 3-4 weeks ago and notone sign of it bubleing etc, unless it depends on the quality of the tint ;), but at £20 its worth a shot

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
I would leave it unless it`s really bugging you.
The full tailgate need`s to be stripped to fit the perspex window, light`s removed, the outer plastic trim (the bit with the badges and number plate on) then you would have to order new clip`s that hold the outer plastic trim on as these break when removing.These clip`s have rubber washer`s and small pieces of sponge around to stop water leak`s.
Going by the price of it from ling`s then add on clip`s and then some one to remove the old one and refit the new one, it would be a bit pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts