2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

yesterday I installed a petrol float emulator on my Honda Civic 1.8, 2006. The reason for this was that the information on the dashboard about the petrol level in the tank is not correct, and while the car is running on gas it shows a decrease in the level of petrol. This is because, as I understand, the board computer reads not only the signal from the fuel level sensor but also from the odometer.

So I installed emulator AEB 393H, this was what everyone say that is needed for this car, this was also mentioned in the manual which came with it - Honda Civic 1.8.
The problem is that after the installation the petrol gauge on the dashboard did not update. In the instructions was written that the update will take approx 5 minutes. I tried 5 min on petrol, 5 min on gas, on place and on move, but nothing happened.

One of the things that disturbs me is that on some sites is pointed that this emulator is suitable with cars Honda 1.8 build since 2008, and my is 2006. But then what is the correct emulator for my car?The gays from the shop also recommended this type of emulator.

I already wrote to the producer, but I'm not sure when they will answer, and my car stays "open".

Do you know something about this topic?

I'm posting also two pictures of the installed emulator.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It works actually. Now every time when i turn the ignition on, the level of the petrol in the tank is correctly shown.
When I drive on LPG, the petrol level on the dashboard continously decrease till the end and the warning light appear. The remaining estimated range on the board computer shows 0 km, but on restart everything is ok again.

The thread can be closed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts