2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

petrol gauge problem

Fuel 
16K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
hello

whenever i top up with a small amount of petrol ie tonight when i put £8 because its all i had on me, it never seems to register. The trip comp was telling me i had 21miles left of fuel and after £8 of petrol it still says 21miles...and on the 2min journey home the low fuel warning light has come on. Its done it before when i have put a tenner in a few times...anything i need to do to get it to register properly??....shake the car??

i'll fill up friday and it'll work fine........

??? thanks

#4 ·
*lol* Dobe

anyways I too had this problem before..thought they were trying to rip me off! but yes DR is correct, you will need more than a tenner in there to register if it is canny low..

#9 ·
..i know.....normally i put £25 -£30 and it lasts me a week or so.....just sometimes if i am passing i'll pop a tenner in to keep me going but alot of the time it doesn't register.

...i remember when a tenner in my old G reg Astra Sri would nearly last a week of commuting..!!....no such luck now...:mad:

#13 ·
I had the same with a courtesy car-Honda Jazz, felt a bit miffed it was low on fuel, typical put a tenner in cos I was not having it more that a couple of days.Disnt register said only 11 miles to go, stuck another tenner in and then it registered 157 miles!

Sods law!!!!even felt like doing a 100 mile trip just for the sake of it!!

#14 ·
Well I didn't know this either until I just read this thread. On boxing day I put £10 in at a services on the A39. I had 26 Miles left on the clock before I went in, paid, out, started the car and drove off. Not even a minute later my gf spotted hey did that even put anything in? I said no, its still reading 26 Miles.

*Pulls car over, turns round, goes back to garage*
*Asks to speak to manager*
*Demands to know his name, contact numbers, and why it appears they are clocking their pumps, infront of a queue of waiting customers*

I then asked this person who regulates the pumps and for their phone number as I wanted to register a complaint. I phoned trading standards & spoke to some bloke who said they would contact me when they send round an inspector. I left my name & mobile at the petrol station and said I was out-raged that they appear to be clocking their pumps. Admitly the manager I spoke to was very rude which just fueled me wanting to complain and make things difficult for him.

Then I put another £10 in at another garage, and suddenly im reading 193 miles left. *** on £10 fuel??? Thought nothing more of it until I read this thread. Now I just feel like an idiot haha.

#15 ·
Hahaha... @Total K-os, that's brilliant hehe he. I'm not laughing at you... I almost done the same today, but left it till tomorrow when I can 'fill her up'... Just in case the sender was stuck. Thanks for the info on this guy's.
Hey... What a wonderful place this is!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.