2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JimJim
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PGM-F1 - Got this code the day before my 4yr service but it disappeared. I mentioned it to the dealer who said they would investigate. Picking up the car I was told there was nothing for the code but I needed a software update @£46, which I paid for. Drove 5 miles and it re-appeared so I took it back to the dealer who said they would need the car back for a full check which would take 2 hours as it was something to do with the fuel injection. Asked why they could not find it when they looked 1st time and why I paid for upgrade that had not worked. They could not answer but said I needed a new appointment- annoying when the 24k service took 4hrs, now I have to return. As a pensioner I am now worried about the cost of what sounds like an expensive repair, even though nothing showed up when they checked during the service. What is PMG-F1 and if it goes off is it OK to drive. Graciously the dealer said they would not charge me for a new diagnostic as I had paid the £46 but would charge for any repairs.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
hi mate i think it means programmed fuel injection? not sure, but someone will be able to help...good luck

·
JimJim
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Googled PGM-F1 and found lots of people with same fault nearly all of whom say that Honda dealers could not find fault and some tried changing may items without success. Civinfo forum of 19th Sept 2008 (Faults PGM-F1 faults) is earily similar right down to happening after a 25k service, changed filter, fuel pump, pipe cross flow etc and then sent details to Honda Germany but nothing only success after changing injectors. My message has gone again so hopefully wont return - cancelling booking with dealer as I have no faith in Springfield Honda Silverlink now and will take car to a proper garage if dault re-occurs. Thanks to all that have responded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts