2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just collected my 2008 Civic 2.2 diesel from a body shop after some panel repairs and as I drove away I saw an error code in the display "PGM-FI". The message was not there before the car went in for the panel repair, and there's no reason I can think of for it the engine management system to have suddenly deteriorated as a result of the wing / bonnet / bumper trim replacement it has had. It's too late a night to return it to the body shop, but can anyone suggest a causal link? Could it be a failure to properly reconnect the battery earth lead? Any ideas? I can imagine the body shop shrugging and saying that it's not a body issue ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound plausible, Robbo51 - but are you suggesting that there's damage, or just that the battery disconnect / reconnect can randomly confuse the fault diagnosis system, and a repeat disconnect / reconnect would likely fix it?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
The manual tells you how to remove the "PGM-FI" mesage
If I remember, you turn the ignition on and off again 3 times at 30 second intervals...It may take several attempts but it does work

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly could not clear it this way. The body shop is supposed to be sending out some kind of auto electrical bod to look at it.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
That error message is a engine management fuel injection error. Have you chipped your civic or had it remapped? Sure they didnt take your car out and "kane" it to the limits?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The electronics guy who came out with a diagnostic unit today read an error code reporting a damaged aircon sensor ... the sensor is right at the front of the right longit, which puts it into the damage zone from the accident that the body shop were repairing (some numpty reversed out of a side road into the car as my wife was driving past). So it sort-of fits ... the sensor looks ok, but I guess it took a bit of a slap in the accident. Anyway, seems like it'll need to be replaced. Odd that the error was this PGM-FI: seems a bit of a catch-all if it's flagging aircon sensor errors ... unless there's more than one fault here of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a Honda Civic 2008 model CDTi,

I have when to to urn on the engine today and when I turned the key before hitting the start button I have a error PGM-FI on the dial.
I do not have a clue about cars or what this means. I have read numerous posts and not too sure what I can or should do with it. I did start the engine and it was fine, im really worried about this and any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a Honda Civic 2008 model CDTi,

I have when to to urn on the engine today and when I turned the key before hitting the start button I have a error PGM-FI on the dial.
I do not have a clue about cars or what this means. I have read numerous posts and not too sure what I can or should do with it. I did start the engine and it was fine, im really worried about this and any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.
Does your aircon work OK? - try both hot and cold temperatures to make sure it's blowing the correct air

Have you tried resetting the error as robbo51 suggested?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Guys,

I know that this post is a little bit old now, but today when I was going to work, half-way this error had occurred, I did not touch anything and surely I did not disconnected the battery leads, I've checked the a/c too as suggested by NoNumpty, and its OK,

Can anyone give me a clue or help me out from where or what should I check more, I hope this is not a huge problem since I bought my car only 4 months ago having 80,000 miles!! :/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts