2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

New-ish honda civic tourer 2015 i-dtech owner and I have a PGM-FI light up on the dash saying check system. Put the car on a diagnostic computer and it says glow plug #4 circuit open. I've bought a replacement plug and now want to fit it. I had the engine cover off but it isnt obvious where the plugs are. Has anyone a photo or a vid to reference? There appears to be a single plastic frame running across the top of the engine are they under this? Any help would be appreciated

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone

New-ish honda civic tourer 2015 i-dtech owner and I have a PGM-FI light up on the dash saying check system. Put the car on a diagnostic computer and it says glow plug #4 circuit open. I've bought a replacement plug and now want to fit it. I had the engine cover off but it isnt obvious where the plugs are. Has anyone a photo or a vid to reference? There appears to be a single plastic frame running across the top of the engine are they under this? Any help would be appreciated

Brian
Hi Brian, did you manage to get sorted with the glow plugs? I have recently changed mine yet the error is still appearing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian, did you manage to get sorted with the glow plugs? I have recently changed mine yet the error is still appearing.
I actually only sorted it last week. The amount of bits I had to take off the car was frustrating but got to them eventually. I changed number 4 but then had to plug in the computer to clear the code. The PGM FI error was still there after changing the plug and then when I ran the diagnostic I cleared it and it stayed off.

Did you run a diagnostic on it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually only sorted it last week. The amount of bits I had to take off the car was frustrating but got to them eventually. I changed number 4 but then had to plug in the computer to clear the code. The PGM FI error was still there after changing the plug and then when I ran the diagnostic I cleared it and it stayed off.

Did you run a diagnostic on it?
I ran the diagnostic and it cleared for one day. I’m just wondering if I have screwed them in enough or maybe it’s the fact I used Bosch rather than genuine Honda plugs. Think I’ll have another go tomorrow at tightening them and hope for the best. Can’t stand that PGM-FI noise every time the car is turned on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put a bosch one in mine and it's fine.

What error is coming up on the computer? Like mine specified 'glow plug #4 open circuit' the one to the far right of the engine as your looking at the front of it.

I took it out and used it to try and make a circuit on a car battery with a spanner and the dead one didn't cause it to spark. The new one did.

It's so awkward getting at them as well. It is an annoying code

·
Registered
12 Posts

What error is coming up on the computer? Like mine specified 'glow plug #4 open circuit' the one to the far right of the engine as your looking at the front of it.

I took it out and used it to try and make a circuit on a car battery with a spanner and the dead one didn't cause it to spark. The new one did.

Its was saying glow plug 4 open circuit. I took everything off again and removed the the connection heads then tightened all plugs. The PGM-FI disappeared so i put everything back together. I drove about 100 yards only for the message to appear again. When i checked it again i was getting Glow Plug 1 and 4 open circuit. I was getting an error message about water in the fuel filter as well so i think im going to change it so see if it does anything. If this doesnt work then i think i'll have to bring it to a dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When i first ran the diagnostic i had a bunch of other codes as well. i think the diesel had a code and a few other things. It appears this PGM FI can mean a whole bunch of stuff.

Originally i just cleared all those and then it came back with just glow plug 4 open circuit.

Just clear the codes again and see if it comes back up the same as you have currently

then check that current goes thru glow plugs 1 & 4

then maybe think about the dealer

Feel for you lad, its frustrating business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts