2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos all!

Some of you asked for a few piccys of my new ride so here they are! Have to say you won't be able to beat Honda's service as Fords is currently poop! (realised they have given me the car with no oil in it!!)

Anyhoo.. here they are! comments good and bad are sound with me :) few mods are in order I'm sure!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate,

It's nice I'll grant you, doesnt quite have the wail of the R but it has a fantastic grumble, and in all honesty has a better interior. As for how it drives; the jury is still out, hasn't quite been dry enough to "test" its capabilities :)

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definitely not leaving mate don't you worry!! :) this site is AWSOME!

The ride is less crashy. Overall seems a bit more civilised car, not putting down the R in any way at all, its just a slightly older car..

as for performance- I keep on waiting for the Vtec (yo!) to kick in slightly higher up the rev range but it has amazing pull straight from the go.

I was also amazed to see that it came with Eagle F1's as standard!

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
I am definitely not leaving mate don't you worry!! :) this site is AWSOME!

The ride is less crashy. Overall seems a bit more civilised car, not putting down the R in any way at all, its just a slightly older car..

as for performance- I keep on waiting for the Vtec (yo!) to kick in slightly higher up the rev range but it has amazing pull straight from the go.

I was also amazed to see that it came with Eagle F1's as standard!
Superb tyres ! Best thing I've put on my FN3. Drove it like I stole it @ Cadwell a couple of weeks ago and not once did the F1's feel like they were gonna "let go". :D

Glad to hear that you're hanging around. I did chuckle @ the cheese & pineapple post on Noxia's thread !

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Great looking car you've got there.

I've driven the 1.6 ecoboost. Have to say that the quality is certainly better than in my Civic. Ride was also way more competent.

Have you any plans for it?

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha! I'm not knocking the civic because it was ace. This though.. is a bit more like cheese and pineapple together. ;)

Tyres are pretty immense, just hope I can afford to buy more when I need to!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers guys :)

Not got a lot of plans for it as yet, just purchased some wind deflectors for it and will await the Monotune pack I think, not sure theres too much out there atm for it really.

Not sure I want to sticker it all up with the lines etc like you sometimes see about..

The colour was a fluke really, if I were going to buy one from new I could've been tempted with the orange (maybe) or even the white but it was just on the forecourt at the stealership and I thought stuff it and got it :)

Think its a bold colour without it being "in your face"

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
haha! I'm not knocking the civic because it was ace. This though.. is a bit more like cheese and pineapple together. ;)

:roflmao:

There you go again...[smilie=gt-happyup.:

Tyres are pretty immense, just hope I can afford to buy more when I need to![/quote]

Searched everywhere before I bought mine and these were the cheapest;

Goodyear Tyres / Car / Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL (R1) FP TL Fuel Eff.: E Wet Grip: A NoiseClass: 2 Noise: 70dB &pound104.95 Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 225/40/18, 225/40R18

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So glad they improved the interior as that used to ruin it!
Yup! used to just look old really.

much improved with some nice touches; Ford SYNC works perfectly, links your phone up and downloads the phonebook, can even read text messages on the screen if you want. all the music links you can think of and DAB radio which is handy!

also on the smaller screen by the dials it has an over view panel where you can view your usual bits and pieces or flick through a few more options. tyre pressure monitors too.

the one thing it doesnt have which is a tad annoying is cruise control.. but it is the mid range one (ST-2) and I believe the ST-3 has it

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah could do if I had the pennies!

I'll just stick to using my brick at the moment; seems to do the trick..... Girlfriend doesnt quite think so though (could'nt quite get the finger grooves on the photos where shes held on too tightly ;) )

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Cheers mate :) pretty good price there! helped along by the unbelieveable, amazing, astonishing 4% discount they seem to have going at the moment! lol
Better than a slap 'round the face with a wet fish !

£40 worth of Tesco vouchers were a bonus ! :D

1 - 20 of 95 Posts