2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday someone called my mobile but the call couldn't be taken on the car which I thought was odd so I checked when I got home & the phone was still showing as paired with the car & the car showing the phone but they wouldn't connect.

I deleted the pairing but neither the phone or car would detect each other. I powered the phone off & on & they paired fine.

Today, the same happened. I can't get the phone or car to detect or connect to each other. I've turned BT off & on in both the car & phone but still nothing.

Has anyone else had this?

The phone is a Google Pixel 3 XL & is connected to my smartwatch via bluetooth fine.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I've always found that my phone will only connect to 1 BT device at a time. If it's connected to your watch then it won't connect to the car.

Not recently, but I had my phone paired to both my car headunit and my Garmin SatNav. When I turned the ignition on the phone would connect to the first one it found, either the car or the Garmin, never both.

·
4,189 Posts
My Android8 phone works just fine. Always connects with no intervention from me. But there again, I don't have one of these seemingly pointless smart watches. A watch that tells me the time that I don't have to charge every 10 mins seems to fit the bill for my chronological needs.0:)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Search the net for issues with the Pixel 3 and Bluetooth. I think you will find its the phone at fault rather than anything else.

Mine would hardly ever connect to my car (Gen8) Bluetooth, but the phone had an update a few days back, and it now connects by itself every time. I've made no changes to any settings or tried deleting/re-pairing with the car. The phone update fixed it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts