2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a double din installed in my civic with Android Auto so my phone always needs to be plugged in but I'm having difficulty with putting my phone somewhere without it falling into the footwell. Normally Id stick it in the cup holders but they're often in use, I can't use the storage under the radio because it doesn't fit and any time I have my phone in the glovebox you can guarantee it'll get left in the car. So on to phone holders, I can't have a vent mounted one as it'll block the radio or a windscreen mounted one as I'll have to have a wire stretching across the car, I've seen people put them on the flat bit above the radio but I can't work out how to do that without physical gluing it as its textured and a suction cup wouldn't hold.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Drop a sticky pad on the flat area above the radio? They're as cheap as and really sticky.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I'm sure I can remember seeing someone who had converted the astray into a holder. It's a little narrow for my Iphone SE but I'm sure it can be adapted to make it a bit wider.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a 'available CD slot (it's hidden behind my Satnav screen). I like the idea of the ashtray but I've got a galaxy s7 edge and its far to wide for it too work. I'm thinking the sticky pad idea but I think it looks a bit 'incomplete' I like things to look almost OEM. What can I say I'm fussy it's a big problem when it comes to my car I'll apologize in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Brodit mount for S7 Edge. Have to say it's fantastic. No wobble or rattle whatsoever. I have used them on a variety of cars. Only problem is you have to shell out for a new holder each time you upgrade your phone. But at least once you have bought the mount that fits your car, the holders are interchangeable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts