2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
Not sure if this is the place for this post, but I wanted to find out what people were doing to keep hold of 'phones in their Civics?

In previous cars I've had a 'sucker' on the windscreen, but in the Civic it is so far away! I use Sat Nav on my phone so it needs to be visible as well as secure. It would also be useful to be able to plug a 12v charger into the cigarette lighter, so using the drivers side door isn't practical.

Anyone else had the same conundrum? Any pics of suggested solutions would be really appreciated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
380 Posts
what size is the screen of your phone? if you have a pretty screen (i guess at least 3'') you might consider this very clever brodit car mount:

http://www.brodit.com/montering.jsp?anr=853733

brodit is quite expensive but they are indeed the rolls royces of car mounts. the great thing about them is that everything is model specific (for both phone and car) so you have perfect fit for your mount.

as the site states, you simply select your phone model (and you will get its proper holders), then you select your car model, you buy both the items, mount them together and voila!

i'm going to have one of these gifted for christmas by my sister. smart stuff aint it

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,551 Posts
If you have a MY09 then that Brodit mount that clips by the storage flap doesn't fit that well.

On mine the lower portion of the mount that is a long thin slice that goes between the gearstick surround and the console pops out because the gearstick surround is higher than previous.

I've gone back to the console mount that clips by the ashtray and used a Brodit swivel mount to point the phone towards me.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I use the "Krusell Mobile Phone Magnetic Car Holder" it fits nicely in the dash and does not look out of place when the phone is not on it (and £1.95 from Amazon)

See link below:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone - knew I'd find an answer here! Brodit looks like a good option, just below the stereo... will order now

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I've fitted the Brodit clip, that fits to the side of the centre console (RHD model shown - I've obviously got the LHD version) ...

The 'phone cradle (for my HTC Hero) screws to the clip ...

And here is my 'phone mounted (charger attached) ...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts