2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!, new to the forum, just picked up my 07 CTR GT today and exploring it's gadgets.

So - first questions, i've got the phone kit, but when I press the button it asks me for a 4 digit password.... is this a generic number or something the previous owner has set? can I reset it somehow?

any suggestions before I go to Honda?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
try 4444, 4321, 1111 or 5555. otherwise I would guess the previous owner has it set to something else.
no joy, off to springfield it is then - I'll update you all on the likely obscene amount of money they'll charge to reset it.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not if they sold you it in that condition they wont!
didn't buy it from Springfield mate - got it from Fawdington in Newcastle, so my other line of enquiry is to get them to try and contact the previous owner for the code - which is the cheaper option obviously. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So - fawdington's contacting the previosu owner for code - :)

AND

Springfield have just confirmed that they'll reset it free of charge if I can't get the code anyway - Phew! :D

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
If the previous owner has set the code, then you won't stand a chance in hell of guessing it, so take it back to the Dealer and they will reset it for you at NO COST.
Takes all of 10 minutes.;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would you believe it, after all that, my bloody phone isn't compatible with the bluetooth voice recognition bit.... :mad:

Next stop: Nokia unlocked handsets via ebay :neutral:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts