2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

My Samsung Galaxy S7 makes phantom calls, to nobody, immediately after connecting to the Connect unit. I have to press the red 'End Call' button to disconnect.

I would say it will do this 4 times out of every 5 connections. I leave bluetooth on the phone all the time so it connects automatically.

Any ideas?

shaft

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Is there a dialled name / number on screen?

Other applications trying to "force" bluetooth audio can do this; Sygic for example will use a "Call" to issue directions if used on your phone, which is quite irritating.

Whatsapp etc. Can also start calls.

I'd say check the phone and see what it's doing, and see if you have any apps open in the background.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Haltamer.
No name is displayed. I will check that What'sApp and other apps are not running before I connect next time. I had an LG G3 before and had no issues with that phone - weird!

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
@shaft, I've just done a quick Google on this and found lots of threads on the topic from mobile phone forums so I doubt it's an issue with your Honda head unit.

This may help if its present on your phone?

From the Home screen, swipe up or down to access the Apps screen.
Touch Settings.
Touch Advanced features.
Navigate to and touch Direct call.
Touch the slider to turn off Direct call.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Farqui
Direct call was indeed set to 'on'. I have turned it off, so hopefully that will solve the issue [smilie=ebil-thumbu:

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update:

Still connecting and dialling 'unknown' caller :-(
Nevermind, it's only a minor niggle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts