2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a moto z9. I dont know if its compatible, but many motorolas are. Anyway, I get all the way up to putting in the code, the phone detects the device and accepts the code and it starts searching for handsfree link. However even after I enter the code and my phone accepts it, the HFT keeps asking for the code until it eventually times out. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Have you given the phone a name, by going into the blue tooth.
The manual gives an example :-- Erics Phone, but I have mine named - Motorolla.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Sounds like one or other of the devices is not in 'discovery' mode.

They both have to be looking for each other at the same time I found.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you given the phone a name, by going into the blue tooth.
The manual gives an example :-- Erics Phone, but I have mine named - Motorolla.
I don't see anywhere to do that. My phone asks me to name the bluetooth device, which I have. The problem is it goes fine until I put the code in. The phone lets me do it, but somehow it is not transmitting that to the car. Do I need internet turned on or something for that because currently my internet is turned off. I can't think of any other reason why it won't transmit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the bluetooth pairing code the same on all models ? The Car I have bought was from a dealer and he didn't have the code ?

Advise appreciated :)

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
you need to pair through the hft and not via the phone. Say setup and then pair and the hft will talk you through it.

·
Silver Surfer!
52 Posts
I may be wrong, because I've only paired my phone to the HFT system once, and that was a few months ago. But I thought the code was user generated i.e. you choose a code and enter it on your phone and say it to the HFT or vice versa.

mrh339 is correct though, the HFT system leads you through the process, all you need to do is make sure bluetooth on your phone is turned on and in a discoverable state.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The phone was incompatible. I have a new samsung now and it paired immediately. Now if I could just get the damn speech recognition system to understand what I'm saying :( It gets it wrong more than it gets it right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts