2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am having problems getting my phone to work properly with the bluetooth connection on my 9th gen Civic ES.
Not all of my contacts are visible, I've managed to set a few numbers up on speed dial but when I try to add more some of my contacts are not showing up in Phonebook.
Any help with this would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would be easy to help you if you would give more details...

Phone model?
Phone operating system?
Are the contacts in the phone memory or the sim card?
Are your phone in the honda compatible mobile phones list?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pyngu,
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Android 2.3.6
Contacts are on the Sim
Yes Phone is in the compatibility list.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi Pyngu,
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S Advance
Android 2.3.6
Contacts are on the Sim
Yes Phone is in the compatibility list.
I believe that this could be the issue ... I would try to transfer all the contacts to the phone memory.

Btw, I have a similar issue with my 2013 CR-V (no SATNAV).

I've used the bluetooth in the past with my old Sony Xperia S and and iPhone 5S without any issue. I've recently purchased a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact running the latest Android release 4.4.4 and although the bluetooth pairing is working fine, when I go in the phonebook, I only have one entry with my own name and my phone number :confused:

I tried deleting/re-pairing the phone but it makes no change. I do acknowledge on the phone that the Honda HFT has the rights to access all information (contacts & calls) on my phone.
Strangely enough, if I check the previous calls with the car HFT system, it will show the names of the people ... despite the fact that they are not listed in the directory :rolleyes:

My Honda dealer borrowed me another CR-V with satnav today and I could import the contacts without any issue.

The phone is listed as fully supported on Honda Handsfree

Any idea?

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
Also it could be the phone model.

My old HTC Wildfire S only transferred 6 phonebook contacts over then stopped. I tried multiple times, same error.

My HTC One transfers the whole lot without issue.

For me I would have liked an option to transfer the whole phonebook (as now) and then selectively remove the ones I don't want in the car system.

No such delete option.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Also it could be the phone model.

My old HTC Wildfire S only transferred 6 phonebook contacts over then stopped. I tried multiple times, same error.

My HTC One transfers the whole lot without issue.

For me I would have liked an option to transfer the whole phonebook (as now) and then selectively remove the ones I don't want in the car system.

No such delete option.
Hmmm ... sounds like a bug then :rolleyes:

I contact the Honda Handrsfree support ... and here's their useless answer :mad:

Thank you for your request.

Unfortunately, the phone book import is not available for your vehicle.

The listed functions on our website are only available for specific models.

On our website Honda Handsfree you are able to choose your vehicle and your mobile phone and check which features are available.

However, it is possible to store your most important contacts in the Handsfree system.

We apologize that we can not offer a more satisfying response.

Do not hesitate to contact us with further questions.

Best regards

·
Administrator
21,168 Posts
There's also another bug in that it will only import the first and last word in a 3 word entry.

I have St Marks Hospital that is in the HFT as St Hospital :facepalm:

Not the only one either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Missing phone book entries

I found this problem when I was setting up my Moto G Android 4.4.4 on my 2012 ES.
I ended up going through my phone book and figuring out what was different between the numbers that did show up compared to those that didn't.

The answer was to make sure all the numbers are members of a specific 'group' (Family, Colleague, etc.) and not left as 'ungrouped'.
As I had a shed load of contacts to regroup I used an application called Wondershare MobileGo to help.
I don't use the SIM for storage any more, too restricted.

Result = Job done, now see all my contacts!

Hope this helps, It'll be the first I've given any advice here!

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts