2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up the CTR today....put these on CTRO so some of you might have seen em....just off my phone so not great....
i'm chuffed with it but the yellow callipers have to go.......wasnt sure about the wheels but now i really like em and think they stay....set off the red really nice i think
harsh ride (no probs) and kitted out with satnav/HFT which is really cool with the voice control...proper trick.
and it goes like stink!!!!

my opinion is that it rocks.....but yours is welcome also

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Happy days pal, As you say id paint the calipers and possibly darken the wheels,

HFT and all the gubbins is a bonus :)

Health to drive

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
white wheels look nice but the yellow clashes. will keep an eye out for ya round chorley

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Nice car bud :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks chaps....can anybody recommend how i paint the callipers?? i heard Halfrauds do some calliper paint but has anybody used this??

thanks for the kind comments...i'm made up with the car

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
welcome to the type R family.
i used hammerite smooth on my callipers ,it works a treat and costs half the price of the calliper paint.
i also have the sat nav/HFT,the voice control is a great gimmick but i never use it ,simply because i cant remember any of the commands and i end up talking bo****ks to it ,its much quicker to just press the appropriate button lol .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahh thanks OSD...do they do that paint in Red???

lol...i know what you mean about voice...its cool...but could i get the radio back on today on my drive home?? hahahah course i couldnt!!!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
A good rub down with wire wool or brush to give a firm base is a good start and either hammerite smooth or if you mask off a good primer is rather brilliant too, just be careful of overspray :)

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
ahh thanks OSD...do they do that paint in Red???

lol...i know what you mean about voice...its cool...but could i get the radio back on today on my drive home?? hahahah course i couldnt!!!
Yeh they do it in red .
only needs a couple of coats to cover . lot of people have painted the raised type R in a different colour as well ,that looks pretty cool.

and i dunno why anyone would want to push a button on the steering wheel and say "volume up" when you can push a button on the steering wheel and just turn the volume up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
and i dunno why anyone would want to push a button on the steering wheel and say "volume up" when you can push a button on the steering wheel and just turn the volume up
Thats a good point...also...why a button to start it...the key still has to go in...one more turn and its going...but oh...no.....put the key in ...turn...it then stop...and push a seperate buttone...lol...no point.....cept its cool i guess!!!

cheers chaps, i'll have a look into that paint stuff...cause the yellow does look naff!!

i'm dead chuffed with the car though.....i was just on the CTRO forum and saying how sad i was to see the RX8 go...but this thing flys!!! and it roars along with it too

i certainly see why your enthusiasts about it!!!

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Thats a good point...also...why a button to start it...the key still has to go in...one more turn and its going...but oh...no.....put the key in ...turn...it then stop...and push a seperate buttone...lol...no point.....cept its cool i guess!!!

cheers chaps, i'll have a look into that paint stuff...cause the yellow does look naff!!

i'm dead chuffed with the car though.....i was just on the CTRO forum and saying how sad i was to see the RX8 go...but this thing flys!!! and it roars along with it too

i certainly see why your enthusiasts about it!!!
Nice car mate hope you have fun with it

As for the start button I think its no different to the beemers as you need to put key in clutch down then start so each to their lol

Personally I'd change from white to darker wheels will set the red off even more

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
welcome along, and very nice choice. Regarding the 'harsh ride', there are things you can do to improve it. Many opt for the eibach springs which vastly improves ride comfort. Also bear in mind the ride difference between 19" and 18" wheels, where the 18"s are known to be a bit more forgiving.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
very nice motor buddy :D yellow looks nice but not with red white & yellow :( get them done red as others said & it will go with the rest of the theme & do the lettering white with a black R then it will look :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts