2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my new CTR on 29th at 1pm. Getting v.excited now!!!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
so is this your 2nd Fn2 ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you get it Jon, if so you owe us an explanation :rolleyes:
You win the star prize dimply. I picked up my replacement car today. The story is fairly long so i wont bore you all, but the basics are as follows:

Picked car up in July, was not happy with it's finish. Various things wrong, all minor in isolation, but together made me dissatisfied.

Over next week or so, found some faults, such as 3rd gear issue, window seals, rattles, usual things and went back and forth for them to be sorted

Every time i went back, the dealer made more issues (eg screwdriver marks on dash panels etc).

So escalated the issue to sales manager who said he would buy the car off me for what i paid if they couldnt sort the issues on the next visit.

Did a few more visits, got frustrated (kept my cool though), had a month off from moaning, then booked back in for final go. They couldnt do it and heated screen failed so phoned up sales manager and took them up on their offer.

To be fair, the dealer tried everything they could to fix the issues, but the replacement parts didnt help.

Because i didnt take the dealer up on their offer immediatly, they would only offer a replacement car, thru a call to Honda UK. This was fine for me as i cant think of another car i'd want to buy at the moment.

So ordered new car 12 days ago, and picked it up today. #09494.

All's well that ends well (so long as this one is good!)

Some things to note in the new car tho...

• New grill on dash to left of steering column
  • Softer clutch
  • Lighter steering
  • Better sound than last one before "run in" - the last one started to sound good at 3000 miles. This one does at 50!
  • Spoiler - it might be me but it looks bigger in the rear view mirror, and curved up at the ends. Perhaps i'm imagining it?!
  • Foot rest seems to feel different.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope you have more luck with this one Jon. Wonder what they'll do with your old one. Someone will end up with it no doubt :(
Theres an identical one just gone on their website, but they've blanked out the number plate so i cant tell if it's the old one. It's on at £20,995!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts