2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst at Brands Hatch on sunday we managed to get a look around the new 9th Gen Civic which was on show for all to see. I was a disappointed in the flesh as I was in the pictures.

Anyway, driving back up the awful M25 just North of London we were passed by none other than the same 9th Gen that was at Brands Hatch that day. An old bearded guy with his bearded wife were probably giving it a test drive. I managed to get a few pics and here they are:

Apologies for the poor quality pictures, but with it being dark and Lee Pickering having a very dirty windscreen this is the best I could get. By the way, who is this guy to get the chance to lend it for the day? Bet he was feeling well cocksure whilst driving it. ;)

Reactions: MeganoOdles

·
Registered
732 Posts
Whilst at Brands Hatch on sunday we managed to get a look around the new 9th Gen Civic which was on show for all to see. I was a disappointed in the flesh as I was in the pictures.

Anyway, driving back up the awful M25 just North of London we were passed by none other than the same 9th Gen that was at Brands Hatch that day. An old bearded guy with his bearded wife were probably giving it a test drive. I managed to get a few pics and here they are:

Apologies for the poor quality pictures, but with it being dark and Lee Pickering having a very dirty windscreen this is the best I could get. By the way, who is this guy to get the chance to lend it for the day? Bet he was feeling well cocksure whilst driving it. ;)
i hope u wasnt taking the pictures while driving... tut tut tut ;);)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Really looking forwarding to see this in real life. Not quite convinced yet, but didn't like the 8th gen either in the beginning. :)

An estate car is coming, but not for almost two years. Hope it has some of the sportiness of the excellent Accord! Was told so by my dealer, but he didn't know if it acctually was an estate or just another model. But there is another body shell coming.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hope u wasnt taking the pictures while driving... tut tut tut ;);)
Nah Lee was driving this half of the journey. Such safe drivers.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Looks fine..its a grower lol..

kinda reminds me of the Kia..or the ford focus

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
We are incredible drivers. What a bunch of drivers!

I wasn't convinced by the 9th gen on the road. It just looked crap and boring.

I'm pretty sure I saw the 9th gen driver mouth to me "your car is well better".

Yep, that defo happened.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I saw one of these tootling around J40 M1 the other day, a silver 61 plated model. From the side myself and Mrs Dave both thought it was an Insight, we only noticed it was the new shape when it went down the slip road and we saw the terrible back end and civic badge.

I was surprised to see one out on the road though as I had just picked my car up from a service and they said they wouldn't be getting any for the showroom until the start of 2012.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
It looks like a Focus in that first photo :worms:

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The first dealer demos wont be about until late late decmeber and early january but there are obviously a fair few 'press' cars that have been built as well as a fleet of demos for the business fleets that Honda deal with that will be becomming more apparent and visual as they are released from now onwards.

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
As with the MY09 facelifted examples I'm hoping to catch an early glimpse as they get moved to the docks via the M25 for the overseas market.

I pass quite a few Honda loaded transporters with the silly time I come into work.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
....... An estate car is coming, but not for almost two years ....... Was told so by my dealer, but he didn't know if it actually was an estate .......
I have read (in here ?) that here will be an 'Aerodeck' version ...

As with the MY09 facelifted examples .......
Pictures when you do, otherwise "it didn't happen" ! ...

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have read (in here ?) that here will be an 'Aerodeck' version ...

Pictures when you do, otherwise "it didn't happen" ! ...
I was told by my local dealership that they were told the new type R would be coming in 2013 and would definitely be 5 door only. I like to think they are making up all kinds of random rumours to keep people's interest piqued.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
This looks like the very one i saw on the back of a low loader in Membury Services at the weekend. The car was covered over with a Tarp but you could see the bottom half of the car...

No i did not have a camera with me or a Camera phone come to that...

:(:(

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your opinion ;-)

Its meant to be a grower so I'll have a look again at it next year, not doing anything for me at the minute.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts