2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can't find one of these anywhere - anybody able to oblige?

Also,

Is the down and upshifts on seperate paddles?

I'm test driving on Sunday and don't really want to look like a tit.....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A similar question asked here not long ago got no luck with pictures. They are behind the steering wheel where your fingers sit if you hold wheel at 3 and 9 (clock face). They are small and not really photographable.

From memory, the right paddle is up, the left is down. Gears can also be changed with the stick by pushing it up or pulling it back. Or you can leave it in auto.

I test drove the i-shift but couldn't get on with it. It takes a technique to drive the car smoothly. It's like marmite, you love it or hate it. There are a few of us on here with the gearbox who love it and would never look back.

The one thing I would say is to book a drive with the manual aswell, just in case. That gearbox is pleasure to use, and was originally my second choice!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thanks, did look for a thread before I posted - must have missed it!

I can't take a manual for a spin due to left foot football injuries - so the auto HAS to be good!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
In the brochure on the 'Performance' page there is a mention of the i-Shift and at the top of the page you can just see the top of the '+' paddle peeking above the centre spoke of the steering wheel. It's a very snug fit and is perfectly positioned. I love it :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts