2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i understand to leave the pump in for 10 seconds before removing it (although i ALWAYS forget and end up wiping up the little puddle) but what does the bottom part refer too ? Would have had a look at the book but it was buried in the boot under a ton of work stuff

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Oooh, That's different from my one - As you've got a diesel I'd imagine.

The Bottom image is the "emergency" refuelling procedure - If you need to fill from a can, you need to use the handily provided funnel / adaptor, which should be in with the spare tyre / jack, I believe this is because you have a capless filler on the 1.6 (If I remember correctly)

·
Registered
209 Posts
So i understand to leave the pump in for 10 seconds before removing it (although i ALWAYS forget and end up wiping up the little puddle) but what does the bottom part refer too ? Would have had a look at the book but it was buried in the boot under a ton of work stuff

If filling up from a container use the attachment. Normally stored in boot storage box on right or left hand side. Open the circular tabs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
i-Vtec
2,558 Posts
Id suggest the ten second one will be to allow the system to depressurize and stop any risk of blow back due to the diesel pump being a snug fit in the filler hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts