2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am thinking of installing a Pioneer double din head unit with a connects 2 kit.
Can you post your pictures of your install with this kit and also any problems
you may of encountered just so i can be prepared for the worst !!!!!

Cheers

·
Headlight Technician
174 Posts
I've just recently installed a double din in my Si, probably the worst experience with one ever.
The problem I had is pictured below, I had to cut a fair amount away and also trim the plastic brackets on the fascia that hold the HU in place.
The cage that came with my HU(DMX7017) didn't fit either, so more 'trimming' was carried out.
It's definitely worth it, just make sure you have plenty of time reserved and are prepared to cut away half of your dash.
I also ended up using cable ties to secure the HU to the cage as no screws were provided with either the HU or fascia kit.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just recently installed a double din in my Si, probably the worst experience with one ever.
The problem I had is pictured below, I had to cut a fair amount away and also trim the plastic brackets on the fascia that hold the HU in place.
The cage that came with my HU(DMX7017) didn't fit either, so more 'trimming' was carried out.
It's definitely worth it, just make sure you have plenty of time reserved and are prepared to cut away half of your dash.
I also ended up using cable ties to secure the HU to the cage as no screws were provided with either the HU or fascia kit.

so not a direct fit then, what about the wiring, was that easy enough ??
Used to have a EP3 type R and that easy
cheers

·
Headlight Technician
174 Posts
so not a direct fit then, what about the wiring, was that easy enough ??
Used to have a EP3 type R and that easy
cheers
Pretty easy, need to crimp a few things. Space behind the HU is a little short. I pulled all the cables down to where the storage compartment goes and seated the fascia and HU and then pushed them back up.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Bloody hell, that sounds like a nightmare of an experience!

Something was seriously wrong if you had to cut away "half of your dash"!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts