2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help, if someone here already installed this radio.
Didnt found nowhere information about this radio and bypassing parking brake. Many times is solution just grounding green wire, but I found also somewhere need for real bypass.

So please if someone have experience with this head unit, help me. Should I be good only with grounding, or I need to buy something like on this link here:

BA105 Pioneer TV Bypass AVH X1500DVD X2500BT X4500BT X5500BHS X6500DVD X8500BHS | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Seems a bit expensive for just a couple of components.

If you're okay with a soldering iron, try the following circuit which should cost less than £1 in parts.

Circuit

Think you may also be able to use a relay instead, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont know. Seller in store says only grounding. I also dont believe in that.
I hope that someone will show here who tried only grounding.

And guess what, stalk from Connects2 wasnt functioning properly. My store saw bad sralk and ordered new - yesrerday connects2 says: "out of stock".

What the hell out of stock.....now I need to wait that also.....

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I have just looked at the installation manual, the handbrake connection is on page 3.

It is clear that grounding this wire will bypass the handbrake. You do not require any fancy circuitry, just connect the wire to a ground point.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Syx very much....

Now need to wait Connects2 to send me another stalk. How they can be out of stock, I dont believe....hope that will not be long time...ebay is full of stalks, but I went through store so need replacement on that way....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts