2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have fitted a Pioneer AVH-X490DAB radio to my car and want to retain the factory USB/AUX port in the armrest.
Is there a cable available that connects to the Pioneer USB/aux outputs and then into the conecter behind the radio to allow this,
or will i need a separate cable and then run it into the armrest ??
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also interested in this. There must be a cable each going from under arm rest to the back of the your old head unit.

I wonder what the connector type is

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also interested in this. There must be a cable each going from under arm rest to the back of the your old head unit.

I wonder what the connector type is
Yeah there is, now its just hanging there behind the radio.
Thought Connects2 or a similar company would do a adapter for this !

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
You will have to run a new long male to male usb cable from the head unit usb socket and connect it to the civic usb adapter in the armrest.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
You will have to run a new long male to male usb cable from the head unit usb socket and connect it to the civic usb adapter in the armrest.
This is the way I did it too. Basically the "Honda Civic USB adaptors" you use to connect the armrest to your device is the same above as it is underneath the arm rest. If you take the armrest box off and try plugging the adaptor in to the wire underneath you'll see what I mean.

So one of those and a Male-Male USB lead should be all you need.

However, that's just for USB. The AUX is a separate lead which looks like it does more than just AUX (12v connector?) - can't comment on that since I never connected it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts