2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A scangauge, linked to the ecu, monitors various parameters of the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Replaced my Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB with this, a Pioneer AVH-X490 DAB what a lovely head unit, very impressed with it
Very nice mate! Im looking to upgrade the standard radio unit in my mk8 to a touchscreen. Any advice on where to buy the replacement dash and also the unit itself?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice mate! Im looking to upgrade the standard radio unit in my mk8 to a touchscreen. Any advice on where to buy the replacement dash and also the unit itself?
got both from ebay, Pioneer headunit was £234 and the connect kit was £102, then all you need is a DAB areiel about £20

·
Registered
65 Posts
got both from ebay, Pioneer headunit was £234 and the connect kit was £102, then all you need is a DAB areiel about £20
Brilliant, cheers for the info! Are these things easy enough to connect up? In terms of taking the old unit out and switching in the new head unit, i assume you just plug the wiring into the new unit

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah easy to connect, a bit fiddly to do everything else though!
But definately worth doing

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree! Slightly pricey tho... anyone know of any more reasonably priced alternatives to the pioneer head unit?
Android units are getting good reviews Pumpkin and Joying are the brands. Also look at the pioneer car play units they are a bit cheaper.

TBH this Pioneer is a excellent price at £234

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree! Slightly pricey tho... anyone know of any more reasonably priced alternatives to the pioneer head unit?
Android units are getting good reviews Pumpkin and Joying are the brands. Also look at the pioneer car play units they are a bit cheaper.

TBH this Pioneer is a excellent price at £234
Thanks for the options. Where about can you buy the replacement dash that will fit the hesd unit?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts

Hi put a pioneer avh290 bt into my fn £150 I think from hallfrauds great unit for the price . Have a we look on utube mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
selling my pioneer AVH-X3500DAB
BOXED
Brilliant condition
the connecter at the back i broke off so unless repaired wont have ability to use apps
everything else works fine
needs a USB extention lead and new mic ( i will provide one which works fine just needs the wire connecting
and DAB areial
Lovely unit
£100 plus p and p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts