Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys,

So due to the costs of having a stereo fitted i think i'm going to do it myself. I've had a quick search but couldn't come up with much so i was just wondering if there were any detailed guides on fitting a double din to a fn2. my only worries are the placement of the gps aerial and dab aerial and where is most typical or effctive, and the removal of some trim peices for these and the microphone, rear camera etc. Any tips at the least would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Olly

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the fascia and connects 2 today, How much of a faff are these to fit then? is it worth having a stab myself?, Also where are the best/most common or effctive places to mount the dab and GPS aerials?

Regards, Olly

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Got the fascia and connects 2 today, How much of a faff are these to fit then? is it worth having a stab myself?, Also where are the best/most common or effctive places to mount the dab and GPS aerials?

Regards, Olly
Always worth a stab yourself if you have the patience. The first time is a little awkward but you get the knack of it after you've had the dash apart a few times. There are a few guides lying around on the site that are worth reading up on before starting so that you know where the clips are hiding.

I can't speak for the dab aerial, but the GPS aerial is commonly placed below the secondary display (heater/time/date). It'll make sense where once you've taken the old stereo out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks silver I'll probably have a go then, is the DAB antenna essential or can you get a decent reception without one?

Regards, Olly

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Is that the right thread dude?

That's where I have mine on my ATR.
Its OK on reception but not as good as when I had a roof mounted Ariel on my old EK3 Civic. ;)

Yea but it's still gonna be better than a standard radio isn't it?, plus more stations etc. what are they like without DAB antennas?, would it just be static lol.

Cheers Guys, Olly

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yea but it's still gonna be better than a standard radio isn't it?, plus more stations etc. what are they like without DAB antennas?, would it just be static lol.

Cheers Guys, Olly
Yes, it is better reception but can cut out more than a roof mounted one.
My unit then reverts to the FM version if its in range. :wink3:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Is that the right thread dude?

Cheers Guys, Olly
don't know what happened there, that wasn't what i had looked at

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys im gonna finally get around to having a go at fitting this stereo as soon a the dab aerial arrives, are there any decent guides around at all? because im a complete novice at this stuff. Any tips or pointers?
Also do you get everything you need in the connects2 kit? i dont need any other patch leads or anything?

Cheers, Olly

1 - 20 of 27 Posts