2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm in the process of fitting my double din and have all the bits connected but the stereo doesn't want to slot into the fascia.....

It looks like the side brackets on the stereo is catching with the cage and therefore will not slot in....

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help!

Thanks

Karwing

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Assuming my x3500 is similar (fitted on Monday) the plastic bracket things screw to the side of the head unit, without the cage. The HU with brackets then screws to the back of the facia with 6 small screws. The HU and facia then fit in to the dash.

EDIT: My kit is this one..

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming my x3500 is similar (fitted on Monday) the plastic bracket things screw to the side of the head unit, without the cage. The HU with brackets then screws to the back of the facia with 6 small screws. The HU and facia then fit in to the dash.

EDIT: My kit is this one..

Thanks mate I will have a look to see whether my fixings can be attached in the same way :)

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got the stereo to fit in the cage!

The previous owner of this had used the cage and cut out some of the plastic on the back of the fascia so had to use the cage.

Loving the new stereo! Much more bass and can't wait to try out the extra bits :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts