2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swopped my Pioneer AVIC-F940BT at the weekend into my new civic. When I removed it I managed to break the green plug on the GPS antenna/aerial and as a result I had to buy another one off eBay. It's not genuine but does the job.

After fitting it, The sat nav doesn't show any 'B' roads and small roads (like in a housing estate). It's only showing 'A' roads, motorways etc which doesn't make sense.

Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Sounds like a setting has changed, doesn't sound like anything to do with the aerial. I'm sure on route options there is a setting for major roads only, try selecting another. Apart from that, just have a look through the nav/map options.

What's the satellite signal strength?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had a look through all the settings and can't see anything about map detail.

The strength looks good to be honest, took this the other day. 2 out of 3 bars. Not sure what the yellow satellite is for?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Orange satellites are the number visible and giving data, yellow are visible but no data. If you select a new route, after it calculates it gives you another screen where you can add waypoints etc. One of the options is route type, fastest, shortest, major roads only - I was thinking maybe major roads was selected so not displaying anything else.
The only other option I could find was city view on/off, apart from that there are no display options that could be doing this. Switching 2D to 3D made no difference on minor roads on mine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys really appreciate the feedback/advice. I'm in the work van tonight, will check tomorrow and see what happens.

Worse comes to worse I'll try updating the maps or resort factory setting.

Thanks again guys I'll let you know how it goes

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bupps...I actually feel like a muppet! Just zoomed in once and all the small roads appeared!! Haha just goes to show you can over look the little things. Thanks again ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts