2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Rubbish" would be the most accurate description. There's everything wrong about it.

It projects the image to the curved glass that's attached to the main unit, so you'll have to sit really tight in the same spot to see the directions. There's only one app for Android which supports it and they keep it really secret that you need the Premium paid version (€25.99 and up). Now, the part they also keep secret is that you need an extra app which is available as in-app purchase only, the HUD connector which will communicate between the navi app and the HUD device, without it the phone does not recognize the HUD. In the CoPilot app forum you find the price of the connector app given by an employee of the manufacturer: £8.99. Okay, not too bad, bought the CoPilot app and went to the in-app purchase section: €29.99 which is 3 times higher than expected.

The HUD needs to be connected to the phone by a USB cable, unlike Garmin's HUD which communicates over Bluetooth. The attachment way renders the sun visor unusable.

Now, the best part: it costs over €600.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,468 Posts
Not been too impressed with pioneers sat nav. Mine already fitted from new. No room to customise or add my choice of POI like on a tomtom. It also puts music on when I connect via cable with phone set to play podcast. This HUD sounds like a gimic to avoid. Seen advertised but no price. Now I know why. £600+ no thanks.

Sent whilst plotting to take over the world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts