2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I bought a 2006 Civic Type-S a couple of days ago and am loving it. I know it's only been a couple of days but I'm already looking at upgrading the stereo to a double din.

I don't want anything too fancy or expensive so I think the Pioneer SPH-DA100 is fine. I've searched high and low but can't find an answer as to whether the iPhone TomTom app will work with this. Does anyone know if it will?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have an un-jailbroken iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Tomtom wont work but there are a few apps including a free one that will.

Before I updated the 930BT in the other car, I could get Tomtom on the screen once I jailbroke the phone but you couldn't use the Pioneer's touchscreen - everything was on the phone and the pioneer just acted as a monitor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK, thank you. I may make the switch from TomTom to MotionX GPS.

Out of curiosity, what jailbreak app did you use to mirror the iPhone screen to your 930BT? Did music from your iPhone work at the same as mirroring?

EDIT: Turns out that MotionX GPS Drive doesn't exist in the UK.

·
Premium Member
6,831 Posts
OK, thank you. I may make the switch from TomTom to MotionX GPS.

Out of curiosity, what jailbreak app did you use to mirror the iPhone screen to your 930BT? Did music from your iPhone work at the same as mirroring?

EDIT: Turns out that MotionX GPS Drive doesn't exist in the UK.
You can use IGo Primo but you have to pay extra 30 euro for the appradio support. Currently is not supported in IOS 6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AppRadio seems really limited in compatibility, I guess you get what you pay for.

Is there a double din out there where I can mirror and control my iPhone as standard without the need for jailbreaking etc?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Free Nav works ok, for a few pence you can get speed camera's etc. I cant remember what software I used but I think there is an article on 'Avic411'. Music, voice commands etc went through the speakers ok. The advanced app mode is much better, I have Tomtom on my phone but dont miss it.

Both my head unit has satnav built in already and uses Navteq maps, traffic avoidance etc so use this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.