2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a pioneer x930bt upgraded to x940bt with firmware update and got problems with new iphone 5s

ok had iphone 4s for a while and connected to my pioneer radio flawless.

upgraded to iphone 5s and cant find any solutions for getting this head unit to work with this phone ?
cant believe pioneer have not got a cable to work with the lightning cable yet ?
any one got the same problems and know of any way round it ?

obviously the music works through bluetooth but i like the album artwork and using the app radio functions seems to now be a very expensive bluetooh radio not happy.

seems to cost a fortune now changing phone new leads , new connectors and new brodit holder its a pricey setup lol.

any know what a brodit iphone 4s passthrough holder is worth ? think the number is a brodit 516164

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used the apple adapter and the music works fine, I haven't tried the app radio though
Can I use the lightning to 30 cable ? As I have a brodit holder and really need too plug the lightning cable into that which will then leave a short lead long enough for me to plug my existing 30 pin cable from the pioneer into the adapter cable ?
Will this work ?

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered a cable yesterday so hopefully will at least get music with albu
Artwork on the radio.
Can't believe pioneer sells these radios for the price and don't update the software and release a lead to suit new phones as that's the main selling point of these radios is the advanced app mode

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
In their defence, the 930 & 940BT's have VGA and not HDMI interfaces and were designed to work with the iphones which were around at the time. I'm sure Pioneer had no idea of Apples future plans.

Pioneer have designed a VGA to HDMI adapter for the 940BT:

Pioneer announces enhanced iPhone 5 connectivity for SPH-DA100 and appradio mode products
Any idea if the apple lightening/30pin adaptor will work on the avic F series, as in play music? I used to love playing my iphone 4S through the cable but having to revert to bluetooth with the i5 atm.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Avic F40 :/

I might just have to give it a go although now that iOS7 is out I wonder if that has changed anything.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a 940bt fitted the lightning - 30 pin adapter and can confirm it works with iPhone 5S running 7.0.2.
Only plays audio with album artwork and charging no advanced app mode though

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
I'm keeping my 4S, the 5 looks like nothing but trouble especially as I have Pioneer 940's in both cars.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I have the same problem with the 5,apparently you need a lightning to av lead approx £30 then you need an hdmi to av interface adaptor approx £25 then you need a hdmi to av lead approx £20 plug it all together and it should mirror on the unit,there is a video on you tube which shows how it works,cant remember the link but a bit of google work should show it,for the initisl out lay of money i stuck with bluetooth streaming,please dont quote me on any prices...

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I have the same problem with the 5,apparently you need a lightning to av lead approx £30 then you need an hdmi to av interface adaptor approx £25 then you need a hdmi to av lead approx £20 plug it all together and it should mirror on the unit,there is a video on you tube which shows how it works,cant remember the link but a bit of google work should show it,for the initisl out lay of money i stuck with bluetooth streaming,please dont quote me on any prices...
Cant post the link but here is a snapshot of it

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts