2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
No, unfortunately you cant be tight when buying for the Type R, go for at least a HKS RSK... Prob best with a Tegiwa/Mugen intake (£500 ballpark)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
+1

There was a thread recently where someone was having problems with a cheap kit. Not sure if it was a pipercross or not.

Go for a HKS or CPL if you're after noise, or a Mugen or Tegiwa if you're after gains.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
+1

There was a thread recently where someone was having problems with a cheap kit. Not sure if it was a pipercross or not.

Go for a HKS or CPL if you're after noise, or a Mugen or Tegiwa if you're after gains.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2
+1 again, I forgot about the CPL, some heppy users of that here!

Just another point, I switched from the HKS to the Mugen in my old FN2 and found the HKS was definately better than stock, then the Mugen with scoop was quite alot better than the HKS! I was personally quite happy though as I had a Mugen car which had a matching intake etc....

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Or skunk2. I've just ordered mine but you will probably need flashpro to map it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
My mate had one of these on his type r with heat sheild and crazy scoopin. He also had a miltek exhaust and was getting 221 bhp.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I've got one fitted. I thought it would be a good idea as it has a heat shield and uses the bottom half of the airbox for cold air. I will probably change it for the hks at some point tho. I've never had any problems with the pipercross but you can tell its not the best quality. Mine is purely for noise

1 - 8 of 8 Posts