2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, when i bought my Civic in January, i didn't know half as much as i do now about it, so I didn't think I'd need a mod thread!
Thanks to Civinfo and the trove of information it holds, my list of wanted mods is extensive! Some are more realistic than others, and I'm trying to prioritise, but i feel I've made a good start so far and every new mod has made me smile!

I decided I wanted to keep a record for myself to look back on and for new members to maybe get some inspiration like I did from so many threads on this forum!

First off are some pictures of when i first bought it. I'm certainly no photographer and was far too busy enjoying driving it to remember to take photos haha!

Managed to get a facelift model as i loved the body-coloured trim, front grill, and USB socket!

First few mods I got were only small, but I enjoyed having them, knowing that they made my car unique (even if only i would notice, haha!)

Gers knocked me up some custom stickers to cover the blanks for the heated seats and i love them! The blanks annoyed me no end haha!

I then got the Civinfo sticker, which took me 3 attempts (so that's 3 stickers purchased!) to get it straight, centered, and on the right bloody panel haha!

Also not pictured is a Skunk2 gear knob bought from the for sale section. The extra weight feels much better! I have the for sale section subscribed on my phone, which isn't good for the wallet!

Anyway, a group buy netted me some RallyFlapz mud flaps! Prefer the style to the small OEM ones, but not to everybody's taste!

I also added a mascot, because every great car needs one :D

By this point I'm pretty happy and feel the need to take a photo after work in the empty car park! As you can tell from the first images, i'm getting better at this :p I also added some Heko Wind Deflectors and (thanks to civinfo's HowTo section) i hardwired a dashcam in just behind the rear view mirror.

I also had the calipers painted! It's a small detail, but it looks so much nicer! Had some friends help me with this!

My latest mod is a rear GP splitter. Wasn't keen on the standard one with the false mesh bit and much prefer this look!

Tezza was also nice enough to fit it for me! I don't think i've cringed as much as when he was pulling off parts of my car, but he knew what he was doing and did a great job! Thanks, mate! :D

Before!

During!

AFTER! :D

So this is where i'm currently at! Lots of plans for future mods, but i'll have to take my time with it! Still smile when i walk towards it, knowing i'll be getting in and driving off in it!

Oh, and i can also use photo apps! :D

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Great thread mate, keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job so far! Really jealous of that rear GP splitter, really sets off the back end.
Thanks, Dazzle! Yeah, i'm really happy with it! It was a bargain, too, which helps! A rear spoiler and cupspoiler splitter is all i'm after for the back now. Think the cupspoiler looks brilliant on the rear GP.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Looks nice pal :) even a type s spoiler would look decent and 'complete' the exterior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice pal :) even a type s spoiler would look decent and 'complete' the exterior.

Cheers, mate :) gives me a grin for a while when I add something new, even if it's a small thing!

Probably going to go for the more aggressive R spoiler. Also much cheaper and easier to get hold of! Do like the mugen wings, but it's hard to pull off without other mods and performance to match!

Definitely needs something on that perspex lip, though!

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I know what you mean! When I colour coded mine I got a car boner for weeks lol.

Aye can get a fibreglass r spoiler + paint for like £170. A type s spoiler is double that I think from honda. That's why I got an R spoiler, but I do think it's better to keep a type s looking like a type s...I can't talk tho :p

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
True! That chug chug chug sound is quite different to BAAAARRRPPP! Will look good tho :) just don't get type r alloys if u don't want it to completely mistaken for an R lol. You'd have to remap it to make it go as fast as it looks :3

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah, don't want it to be an imitator! The type R is a nice sounding car. Tezza took me for a spin in his and it's faster than you'd think from looking at the specs! I do love the diesel's turbo, though! WHOOOOSH! :D

Wanting some bronze wheels. In the style of rota gr6, but likely to be the inovit version. Fox racing if I'm desperate haha, but willing to consider any style. I'm set on the colour, though!

A stage 1 is definitely on the cards. Just going to get it to a point where things like wheels/brakes etc have been replaced. A set of eibachs, too.

Loads planned, but I'll be taking my time with it.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Ah seen! Will look good against the black. Not cheap when u got tyres to put on top tho :/ I wanted to upgrade my alloys but recently spent £460 on 4 continental contact 5s....gunna wait till they go bald ** I get new shoes :/

Yeahhh I spent all my money on a new clutch and remap. Not had much need for the brakes tbh. Be nice to get eibachs but still not convinced as I live near 100 speed bumps...

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, others I've seen on here make them look good. It's not something I'm prioritising for now, though. I'll just keep an eye out and see if a nice 2nd hand set come up with tyres attached :D

Tyres I'm hoping will be eagle as2's when they need changing. That's about as high as I'll go for tyres! And brakes will probably just be some better pads. See how I get on with some red or yellowstuff.

The clutch is what's holding me off on the remap. Don't want to be caught out financially with a clutch issue, so want to prepare for that happening! What power you getting now and from who? And what clutch did you go for? Always interested, as it's a widely debated topic!

And as for lowering; I should be alright where I am. Just take it slow over the bumps I do frequent!

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
If you have the 2009' 325 clutch then you should be good for 190hp/300torque. You can always take a map off and revert to oem power IFFFF it starts slipping, but that's not that common on 325 clutches so long as torque is kept below 300. I personally wouldn't recommend my clutch, but then it is £700 cheaper than the new twin plate clutch CG released recently...

I went to a local tuning garage for my remap after being fobbed off by some guy working for Elite (made my car slower on a stage 2 map....) so made sure I had a few dyno runs to prove the performance.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be checking with Honda UK about my clutch before I get it. Fingers crossed it is the 325, but the stage 1 from Celtic is 293lb/ft I think, and has a smooth power delivery, so I'm hoping it holds. We'll just have to see, though! Not sure I'd be able to undo the remap after having it. I know what the power difference feels like, especially in gears 3-5, so unless I keep having clutch problems, I'd try and keep it.

What power outputs are you running? And is yours a 2.2? Can't see on tapatalk :p

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Oh yeh mines a 2.2, got 193hp n 325 torque or something. Mines more of a dump of power between 2-3.5 n then kinda drops off. Yehh you won't wanna go back to oem after having it mapped. You should be fine tho...

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
A good amount aye...wish I had a 325 clutch already in there, unfortunately mine was the original clutch and it didn't last more than a week on a stage 2 map lol >__<

1 - 20 of 109 Posts